Author Topic: Neil Young Archives  (Read 699 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Neil Young Archives
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »
Any sad NY fans out there...?

Guilty as charged here...

Just spotted that they get released in June in three flavours - Blueray $299, DVD $199 or CD $99 - the first 2 come with the "Journey through the past" movie, but the craziest item is "Blueray-Live" ...? Continous updates and extras...?

Mr Young's comments on the release...
http://neilyoungarchives.warnerreprise.com/shop/vol1/?cmpid=neilyoung/092003/nyhomepage/link

The nice bit is that those who bought the earlier "released" discs can get (most) of the package individually, so fans can build it one piece at a time...

... and here's a new video... care to think about what he has in his hand...?
http://www.neilyoung.com/forkintheroad/forkintheroadvideo.html

Get's weirder the older he gets... 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: Neil Young Archives
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:22:35 AM »
I still love ol' Neil but he was a lot better when he was YOUNG. hahahaaa
That new toon is good music but his delivery is just a step above rap.
Does he think he's cute? Man~ if I was that old & rakin' in all that money I'd stand in the background &  give my viewers somethin' to look at like dancin' girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...like Motley Crue.  :mrgreen:

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:40:09 AM »
I was never a big fan of Neil Young. Some stuff I liked, but most was pretty middle of the road for me, and I never gave him much credit as being a very strong player. About 7-8 years ago I caught CSNY when they did their big tour and I had to do an upgrade on my opinion of Neil Young as a player. The show was absolutely great, vocals were all spot on and Neils guitar work was really tastey. His overall musicianship was far beyond what I had always considered his capability. 
So I  was pretty wrong and I'll eat some negative of my negative comments, but he is still a strange son of a gun.
Rick

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »
The thing I like about Mr Young (and although I'm a big fan, I have deliberately not bought some of his stuff) is that he records what he wants to, and not to the order of the executives (Mr Geffen)

I'll see If I can find a pic of him "out-of-character" playing an Explorer on the '82 tour to post...

He was great on the last tour, which he filmed, and probably shelved... sigh...

I will not go to the Isle of Wight Festival, nor to Hyde Park, to see him this summer - don't do cattle-markets anymore...  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...