Author Topic: RD ARTIST - how many buggy things can they have and how to overcome them...  (Read 10762 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
That she does, but I'm not aloud to put her up to max thru the Hiwatt and the 312, local stregic arms limitations in my area ("IN CASE OF SONIC ATTACK... Do No Panic...), so I'm told... though I must admit I would like to give all three of my four-stringers a run thru Scott GOT's rig... but just a tad to far to travel... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
I'm sorry Ken, I had run out of commemorative Führer stamps!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

Ken, Ken, Ken..............

Those shoes have to go! I don't care how comfortable they are.............. :gay:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
One of these days I'm going to figure out what Ken's talking about.  :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Oh, and I thought it was just me who had to concentrate hard on those postings ... talk about streams of consciousness. But it's brought a philosophical element into this forum which hitherto had been lacking.  ;D

Blazer

One of these days I'm going to figure out what Ken's talking about.  :)

Highlander

• View Profile
Oh Mark... I know, I know, I do so know the shoes just have to go, and I know I can fully trust your opinion on this point, I can promise you they are not comfortable and are being worn under duress - the band packed up in 21 years back and the drummer is having an eighties themed party, hence my eighties rush shirt, nasty addidas trainers, etc, but I'm going to go for the full John MCoy, including waistline - I, for one, do not have the legs to match your pins...! I'll pass on the F*nd*r though... :mrgreen:

On an artistic note, the general concensus of opinion (daughter's "pester power") is that the goatee will be going blue streaked for the gig this Saturday...
"He's just a little fond of chiffon in a wrist array-ee-ay-ee-ay... A wrist array-ee-ay..."
ohh FZ, where are you when we need you most...
... I assure you it is just a temporary thing and I have no intention of trying to usurp your enviable position of prominence on this forum...
BTW, my wife is hoping it will be permanant, as that will mean removal of the goatee b4 Monday recommence of employment, not that she dislikes it, of course)...

I am thinking of wearing a colour cordinated AEROSMITH ROCK-A-ROLLERCOASTER (Disney) t-shirt, which is exceptionally poke-your-eyes-out... my favourite shirt... co-ordinates with my Tequilabird, though I am leaning towards the name FranKENstein's Monster, that is...

Uwe... I just managed to get the FDC on eBay - a really neat set...!

Dave & Uwe... the day I understand what I'm talking about will... hey, look at that squirrel...

ps Just caught your posting Gary - nice one...  :mrgreen:
... at the WHO PUT THE BOOT IN gig at Charlton Football Club in '76, whilst we were all enjoying the pleasure of a teeming downpour (which had descended on that part of London and remained in place for most of their set) and post Alex Harvey and Little Feat, whilst waiting for the Who to come on, some bright spark climbed up one of the permanant stadium lighting setups, where the Who's lighting engineers had carefully set up their laser mirrors (for their then very inovative laser show) and had knocked some of them out of position... the DJ for the day (a chap by the name of Nicky Horne, who worked for London's Capital Radio, popular at the time with the ROCK fraternity) put it out over the stack that...
"Thanks for being a total jerk, you have just completely f*ck*d up the Who's laser show, which will result in a delay of at least an hour before they can come on, in fact, I'm going to play this song just... for... you..."
... and on came that number, to great applause, and to resounding choruses of...
"Your gonna get your f*ck*ng head kicked in - CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP-CLAPCLAP-CLAPCLAP-CLAPCLAP...et al...

... How many know the full title of that song and how beautifully appropriate it was to that moment...

... one of ROCK's GREAT MOMENTS...

... any of you see where that squirrel went...?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:45:19 PM by Ken S »
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Ken, Ken, Ken..............

Those shoes have to go! I don't care how comfortable they are.............. :gay:

My wife and all of her friends have called me a fashion insult for years but even I agree about the shoes - to me they say " Come on Martha it's almost 4:30 and if we don't hurry the buffet will be picked over down at the Sizzler !"   ;D 

As for the goatee I say clip the bottom sqaure and dye it black - maybe braid a few small bones and such into it ;)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You leave Ken's shoes alone. He remembers Andy Stewart, that's good enough for me. He's probably also familiar with Ewen McTeagle's poetry.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
"hey, look at that squirrel ..." ...

:mrgreen:

Ken, be truthful, as a child, did ever anybody mention "hypheractive" or "attention deficiency syndrome" in your presence?  ;)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Like I said: When I saw Ken's first post at the Hiwatt forum I knew immediately that he belonged here:)

Highlander

• View Profile
Sorry Lightyear, don't know your name, you can't have them, no matter how much you really want them... ;D

Ethel...! Ethel...! head him off before's he's finished off the hole Gard-damn'd buffett...

... As for the goatee, I'm going for a slightly Scottish feel here, probably blue central and edges, although my daughter thinks turning it into 2 prongs would be interesting - everything else goes down to a number zero crop, black would be creeping too much towards vanity for my liking... she's also been trying to get me to let her plat it too...! - bones are out, all sad little veggies here... I could go a carrot, I guess...

As for the rest, hmmm, lets see, what was I wearing through the GLAM era - long hair, jeans and tee... PUNK era, oh yes, long hair, jeans and tee, the New Romantics - hair went west (GI crop)... HA! anyone remember Geddy Lee's hair back then...?!?! so a hat, but still jeans and tee... thru the ninties...? was there a fad in the ninties...? you guessed it... hat, jeans and tee... us "CHROME-DOMES" out there know all about stage glare (Greg Philbin and his T'bird) and those who do not know what sunburn up top feels like...

Dave... thanks for coming to my aid... did you know my Uncle Ewen...? I never did get back that quid, he loaned it to Sid, he said... ALBATROSS...! who said that...?

Uwe... what do you mean, when I was a child...
btw... my wife's never had a doubt...
Hyperactive...? My dad fixed my cot to the floor after he found one leg hanging over the edge of the stairs one night... I'd rocked it that far out of my room...
ADHD...?

... look, a blue bird, it's a blue bird...

Chris...  ;D

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Sorry Lightyear, don't know your name, you can't have them, no matter how much you really want them... ;D

Ahhhh, so deprived accros the pond  ;) - I guess Disney isn't one of the first words your little rug warriors learn to say in England? ;)

Here, well, it's a different story.  Lightyear came up when my daughter was about 5 and Toy Story came out - always seemed to have her friends over and I simply became Mr. Lightyear to the little crumb crunchers as I have gone by the nickname Buzz my entire life.  And, let's face it, I'm not that creative at times so when I signed up here at the happy farm I just used Lightyear.

As for the shoes - please, keep them!  You and Dave probably wear black socks with sandals and like "Sansabelt" slacks as well ;D :P  ;D :P

Keep up posting fashion pics like these and the Fraulien will stop off on her way to get hitched and "whip" you into fashion shape :o

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Please!  :o  I haven't owned sandals for at least 50 years and even then I can claim my folks actually owned them.

Highlander

• View Profile
TO INSANITY... AND BEYOND...!

Buzz, I had an inkling that that is what it might have meant, but does anything make any sense here, especially now the (bald) Eagle has landed...

"Thats one small stay-ep for a mad may-an, one jaa-ant leap for insanity..."

Sandals...?

Oops...