Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Skol

<< < (2/4) > >>

Basvarken:
Enjoy the trip!

Granny Gremlin:

--- Quote from: Highlander on June 24, 2017, 12:46:12 AM ---Dzien dobry and enjoy being a Europhile for a week or two Jake and family, even though still a bit south of us... the Tartare and Zappa-fish is allllll yours... Polish... officially the UK's second language... ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh, you know I want the stinky fish too.  The UK was our first stop after leaving Poland.  My dad had an uncle there who'd fought in the war as part of those unit composed of Polish ex-pats.

As a kid this pic of Mick Jones, Don Letts and crew, ostensibly after an early Big Audio Dynamite gig at a London-area Polish community centre / legion hall (aka SPK), was such a great thing to see and one that I could never explain to my friends.  Years later my local SPK became one of the coolest part time indie rock / punk venues.

Highlander:
I used to visit quite a few of those community centres and churches along the western corridor of London... was he based at Northolt...? Where the PWM is located...? There was a Spitfire gate-guardian there for decades, resplendent with the Polish quad marker...

Granny Gremlin:
I started writing a reply and then noticed you said 'quad' where my brain read 'squad' - is the marker you speak of that 4 squares in a square thing, or was that just a typo... or both and best accidental pun ever? 

And there goes the thread... I guess I'll just have to make like the Groupe de Chasse polonaise and pre-emptively engage Uwe and his Messerschmitts with my horribly outclassed (and officially withdrawn from duty for that exact reason)  Caudron C714s, surprising everyone by not being completely decimated, and actually shooting a good few Luftwaffe units down.

Highlander:
As if I'd ever make a mistake with WWII aircraft recognition... :mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version