Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Squire & Bruford

<< < (2/3) > >>

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Pekka on February 20, 2018, 03:07:45 AM ---Lots of new (at last to me) isolated bass tracks from the original Yes rhythm section.
"South Side Of The Sky" has Squire playing his Telecaster bass and what a sound! Might be one of my favs from him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WWgscKoFBs&list=RD_WWgscKoFBs&t=343

--- End quote ---

Wow, that is perfection. So that's the Tele for sure? Total change in tone at 1:53. I would guess the Ric, then switched to neck pickup only for the middle, which he also did on YIND. Very inspiring.

uwe:
For that extreme sound and how hard he digs in, almost no fret buzz! Must have had a "manly" action.

patman:
Sounds very precise and dominant...almost dominating the mix...bass is definitely leading

Drummer is following rather than leading.

uwe:
If you ever saw Yes live: Squire did play "lead bass" and drove the whole band.

Pekka:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on February 21, 2018, 08:20:59 AM ---Wow, that is perfection. So that's the Tele for sure? Total change in tone at 1:53. I would guess the Ric, then switched to neck pickup only for the middle, which he also did on YIND. Very inspiring.

--- End quote ---

Yes it is. He has both pickups on (it had an added bridge pickup) and switches for the neck (the original single coil) for the middle part.

When Yes played this song live he never used a Ric but a Lakland P -bass or some other bass.
"A Venture" is another Tele track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version