Author Topic: JMJ on SNL  (Read 2501 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: JMJ on SNL
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 11:31:34 AM »
I've recently become a big fan of the Anchoress, AKA Catherine Anne Davies, so thanks for sharing. She sometimes reminds me very much of a local singer/songwriter/pianist named Michelle Cross who I work with on occasion. It's been forever, she's busy teaching in Chicago Public Schools now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-z82o10YAQ&list=PLMYo5cRR29JxoLKWZNkz9cobm1P-8uqDy&index=6

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You and anything Prog, it's a Pavlov thing ...

Most likely, your idea of a good time is wandering aimlessly through a Roger Dean landscape ...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 03:00:42 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 12:03:45 AM »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 07:49:14 AM »

You and anything Prog, it's a Pavlov thing ...

Most likely, your idea of a good time is wandering aimlessly through a Roger Dean landscape ...

That was nice. And that's my daughter's name (Julia, not Pavlov  ;D )

I would be happy on an island floating through space, yes.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 08:19:44 PM »
An article about Paul McCartney and St. Vincent.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/paul-mccartney-st-vincent-instagram-live-chat-1234952938/

McCartney asked about her own plans for the day, which involved her promoting an album of her own, the May release “Daddy’s Girl.” “What am I up to? Well, I think have some German interviews,” she said.

“Oh, wow. Do you speak German?”

“No, I do not. But I do like a German interview, because they are usually very blunt,” she said. “I definitely have  had the experience —‚ tell me if you have — of someone going, ‘This record —it’s not as good as your last record. Why?’ They don’t pull any punches in Germany. I appreciate that.”

McCartney brought up a German catchphrase he’s learned that you can use just to keep a conversation going without really engaging — “either that, or you can tell him to sod off,” he suggested.

Das ist nicht zutreffend. Diese Holländer for instance sind way blunter than we are!  :mrgreen:

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 12:35:23 AM »
But we have humour to camouflage our bluntness a bit.  :mrgreen:

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 12:40:32 AM »
McCartney asked about her own plans for the day, which involved her promoting an album of her own, the May release “Daddy’s Girl.” “What am I up to? Well, I think have some German interviews,” she said.

“Oh, wow. Do you speak German?”

“No, I do not. But I do like a German interview, because they are usually very blunt,” she said. “I definitely have  had the experience —‚ tell me if you have — of someone going, ‘This record —it’s not as good as your last record. Why?’ They don’t pull any punches in Germany. I appreciate that.”

McCartney brought up a German catchphrase he’s learned that you can use just to keep a conversation going without really engaging — “either that, or you can tell him to sod off,” he suggested.

Das ist nicht zutreffend. Diese Holländer for instance sind way blunter than we are!  :mrgreen:

I was thinking the same thing!  It's just that I've been around the  Dutch more than the Germans.  So I wasn't totally sure.   
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2021, 09:50:58 AM »

I think that is true.  Much of the time, however, it can be hard for me to relate to another country's humor with the exception of Canadian.  But I did see a Dutch comedian several months ago who was hilarious, although I didn't take note of his name, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:18:02 AM by westen44 »

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2021, 05:23:58 PM »

Humor is no laughing matter to us. We work at it hard.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 09:26:26 AM »

Except for the Atlatikwall defense? That was a joke!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2021, 10:41:56 AM »

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."