Author Topic: two jetglo cousins  (Read 9744 times)

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: two jetglo cousins
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
Put up another video, this time of the 8-string:

Some of my playing is a little sloppy on this one - it's actually an excerpt from an 8-minute+ improv - I wasn't used to playing the 8-string - my fingers were too soft - so lots of flubbed notes. I think that's why I'm jumping around so much too - physically engaging the instrument, it wasn't as easy to get it to do what I was trying to do.

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 10:15:59 PM »
Might seem crazy, but I redid the 8-string video - the bass wasn't popping out enough with computer speakers, so I put the original bass signal through my Alembic SF-2 Bass Superfilter - I love this thing! Now I think it is more audible. It didn't hurt that I turned it up either.  ;)  It was a worthwhile experiment, because I finally figured out how to send individual tracks out of ProTools/the MBox and route them back in, so I can EQ them after the fact, add delay/effects, etc.

Anyway, here's the vid:

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »
Cool vids!

I've found what you described to very useful- sending tracks out to outboard gear, processing, and re-recording onto another track.  Great for making tweaks like you did here, and sometimes its just fun to have both hands on the signal processor and be able to "play" it.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »
It's nice to have the toys... (no envy emoticon)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »
It's nice to have the toys... (no envy emoticon)

8)

(Unfortunately, bass GAS gets offset by outboard gear/synth/recording GAS...)

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »
I think you actually have quite a rare bird there. If memory serves me well I think that's a 4003BT. I remember I had a japanese magazine from 2003 that featured a special about the Yokohama Music Fair of that year showing the limited edition Rics exclusive for the japanese market.

I seem to have finally stumbled across a reference regarding the background of my 4003! On "Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page" he lists a couple of limited edition basses for the Japanese market: the 4003VPCBFG & 4003VPCBJG. They were presented in October of 2003 at the Yokohama Music Fair, and apparently only 24 were made of each - you can see the listings by clicking on "models" and scrolling down. It says that the 4003BTJG was introduced as well. This totally matches what Daniel mentioned above (good memory!), and also matches the date of mine - Feb. 2004. I wonder if mine was limited to 24 as well?  ???

Daniel_J

• No, I'm not Japanese. I am Brazilian actually...
    • View Profile
    • Oficina_SB
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 04:44:16 PM »
I think the pictures on that page are the same ones I saw on the magazine I had.

BTW, my good memory on this is because I really felt in love with that bass when I first saw it on the mag. I still like it, but nowadays my taste has changed a lot.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:55:42 PM by Daniel_J »

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »
Just throwing this out there: http://soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven/black-walrus-over-the-edge-mix

The 8-string with distortion & octaver, I think I've posted the basic track before but this is a closer-to-final mix with the turntables.