Author Topic: Markbass NY 112 & LM 250  (Read 1961 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Markbass NY 112 & LM 250
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:29:23 AM »
Musicians Friend  sent me another 20% off total purchase coupon, I held tough until the day before it was going to expire, then caved. I haven't moved my TNT 150 with Black Widow speaker for a few years. As I get older, it seems to gain weight LOL. Craigslist had a listing for a New York 112 for $400, for $24 more I could buy a new one, free shipping from MF. I've had my (2) New York 115's with the Little Mark III for about two years & have been real happy with them, it handles all of the EB basses & even did well with the new EB five string. Being a little concerned about what to do if the head craps out, I didn't think it would be a bad idea to have a second head. The 20% off coupon gave me a killer deal on the LM 250, Same amp as the Little Mark III at half the power. There may be better setups out there for tone, but I still think Markbass has the best tone at the least amount of weight. At this stage of my life, that's important.......... I'll give it a workout at practice next Tuesday. I sure did rattle the hell out of my basement. The Markbass is only half the weight of the Peavey TNT 150. It's off to the guitar show in March............

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Markbass NY 112 & LM 250
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 07:04:30 PM »
Being a little concerned about what to do if the head craps out, I didn't think it would be a bad idea to have a second head.

I worry about that too with these class D heads.  My current setup uses a TH500 w/1 or 2 112 cabs, and notice I keep a Genz GBE600 in my rack next to it... Just in case :)

Your Markbass setup looks great.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »
You can afford it, so why not? Look at it as a lightweight insurance policy that hopefully you won't need.

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
I can afford it now. I'm planning on retiring within the year. I'll have over three years of buying private medical insurance for both my wife & I. That will likely put the kibosh on extra toys. 

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:05:44 PM »
i have a 120-watt Hartke as my backup.  It will do what I need to do in most cases.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 05:01:58 PM »
The big fella has worked well, but that little head still makes me nervous. My last head weighed about the same as this head & one of the 15" speakers.