Author Topic: show your multiple bass pictures!  (Read 79642 times)

georgestrings

• View Profile
Re: show your multiple bass pictures!
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
I finally got almost everybody into one room...

Very nice!!!

- georgestrings

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
What's the story with the candy red PJ. Did it come that way or did you mod it? I thought it was a Duck Dunn Precision at first.

One of the nicest P-Basses of any ilk that I've played. It does bear a resemblance to a Dunn, but it is a '98 Deluxe Precision Bass Special. Originally called a California P-Bass Special (US), Fender renamed it when they moved production south of the border. After a few years in that config, they loaded it with active pickups and left the name intact. The neck is J-width, and the stock pickups are allegedly US Fender units, although I never bothered to verify that. Wonderful fit and finish - a cut above most MIMs. They were available in a few colors, and also with a rosewood board.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2014, 08:32:05 AM »
Killer lineup! Does that green P Bass have a Jazz neck?

I very briefly had a California P-Bass Special. I think I bought it from someone at the old Pit. It was supposed to be burst, but it turned out to be black.  :o I wasn't into the black and gold vibe, so he found another buyer and I shipped it off. Cool bass though. I believe the finish was done in Mexico, then final assembly in the US on those.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2014, 10:33:18 AM »
Killer lineup! Does that green P Bass have a Jazz neck?

I very briefly had a California P-Bass Special. I think I bought it from someone at the old Pit. It was supposed to be burst, but it turned out to be black.  :o I wasn't into the black and gold vibe, so he found another buyer and I shipped it off. Cool bass though. I believe the finish was done in Mexico, then final assembly in the US on those.

The green P started out life as a Squier, and the body is the only part of it that still is. The neck is an SX "J" parts neck - $50. Bridge pup is a Thunderbird blackie. I just kept adding pieces as I found them on the cheap. It became my go to bass.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Johnny Crab

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Fame/Hondo(factory Kahler), Gibson SG bass(Kahler'd by previous owner, headstock angle prevents usefullness), and Epi T-Bird about two months ago at a hot, outdoor show.
If you are truly interested in the truth, start by turning off the television.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2014, 08:09:21 PM »
I just scored the late 1983 Guild Pilot to go with my Kahler equipped '84.  The '83 is a 20 fret example.  I owned one years ago and have known of 2 others.  Notice the pickup location difference on the 20 fret example.  They did a few headstock variations on the early ones.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »
Cool, I never saw a 20 fretter, or that yellow headstock shape. That makes 4 headstocks that I can think of. I also see these early pickguard models have the P pup in the standard Fender layout, rather then the reversed Spector style on the later no-pickguard ones. I played 4 and 5 string Pilots almost exclusively from about '87-99. Super light weight and great necks.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »
The headstock on the 20 fret Pilot is larger than the later foot type headstocks.  There was another yellow bass on Ebay recently with the same headstock shape as the yellow one I have.  I'd not seen it before either.  The one Jerry Peek is playing in this video has another shape too and it is a 20 fret Pilot.  The 20 fret models also did not have a forearm cutout so they were slab on the front but do have the belly cut in back.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2014, 07:45:08 AM »
Cool clip! I forgot about Jerry Peek.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2014, 09:36:24 AM »
I tried to learn some Steve Morse Band stuff by Peek back in the day...  it was way beyond me then and still is!
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
I have a couple of his CD's from this era... oddly enough, I was listening to them a couple of days back... not seen Morse with DP and only saw him the once with D/Dregs, and the bass player had a hairline more like my own... ;)

Awesome to listen too... wished I'd seen this era live... 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
Bump for a seasonal bass-family pic...

Happy holidays!

Sacrificed my black Precision, Ibanez 8er, Blackbird, and a bunch of other stuff to fuel the great 2014 Hamer binge (well overdue, having lusted after them most of my life).  Basses are a 2004 B4M chambered "Artist Ultimate" one-off, 1990 B4S (Kahler'd... John/Barkless would be proud  :)), 1981 B8S, and 1980 B12S.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:03:57 PM by chromium »

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2014, 10:52:56 AM »
Nice! That B4S would be fun!

drummer5359

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »
This thread has had some starts and stops since 2008, the last post was just before last Christmas. I considered starting a new thread, but honestly I thought that it would be better to wake this thread up and post my multiple bass photos here with a listing of what they are.

Without further ado...

Row four left to right - 1991 Fender American Precision Plus, 2014 Fender American Honeyburst Special Precision FSR, 1995 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray, 2001 Fender American Precision Ash FSR.

Third row left to right - 2012 Fender American Standard Jaguar bass, 1972 Fender Telecaster bass.

The second row from left to right - 2014 Fender American Deluxe Dimension HH V, 2012 Fender American Select Precision, 2011 Fender American 60th Anniversary Precision blonde, Fender American 60th Anniversary Precision FSR sunburst.

In the front row - 2015 Rickenbacker 4003W.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd.
But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2015, 07:27:14 PM »
I'm VERY curious about the Dimension, especially the HH fiver. How does it compare to the old Roscoe Beck signature that it replaced? That was one awesome instrument and the massive bridge it had dwarfs the Dimension's IIRC. I played two different RB's when they were being made and they were some of the most playable and versatile fivers I've ever had in my hands, and I'm spoiled by my G&L's (L5500 and L2500). It seems to my eye and ear, the Ernie Ball Stingray/Sterling 5 HH, Fender Dimension HH V, and G&L L2500 are all just about the same instrument (excepting the preamp on the Ernie Balls).  What are your thoughts on that?