Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Re: Music videos that feature Gibson EB-2 and Epi Rivoli basses...

(1/30) > >>

Alanko:
I prodded and tickled the search engine, and apparently there isn't such a thread... I'm leaving out the obvious choices to begin with.

Michael Gunther - Agitation Free

Douglas Hart - Jesus and Mary Chain

"Happy" Dieter - Tangerine Dream (but not as you know them)

David Steele - The Beat (I thought this track captures the rubbery tone of an EB-2 really well)

dadagoboi:
Paul Samwell-Smith

Chris Dreja

uwe:
The EB-2s were stuck together with their solid body brethren in the EB-0, -1, -3 and -4 thread, but they deserve their own. Some nice footage there - wow, Tangerine Dream when they still had stringed instruments, a rare find. Surreal in many ways and they showed this on state TV.  :mrgreen:

The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club bassist is probably the current player who is best known for sticking mostly to Rivolis and EB-2s.

Get those moves right when you play an EB-2/Rivoli!

Anti-Complacency League, baby!

And I don't think that this thread could be complete without this piece of stark naked underrated performance art.

Granny Gremlin:
Man, it is like stupid hard to find a vid of Simon Gallup rocking one (vs a F/MM or his long scale nonGibby hollowbody).  Plenty of still pics tho.

Alanko:
I didn't know Simon Gallop did! I've seen photos of him with that Eccleshall bass, and I found a video of him playing a Guild SFII, but that's it so far...

Butch Hauf - Organisation (Ralf und Florian's pre-Kraftwerk band).

This track is on Kraftwerk's debut album, minus the Afrobeat leanings.

Kevin Ayers - The Soft Machine

Using Marshall heads as PA equipment, no less.

Tony Reeves - Colosseum

Dusty Jermier - Wooden Shjips (cheating, as he has a Model One in the neck position).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version