Author Topic: Oops, German engineering is superior, but......  (Read 8079 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Oops, German engineering is superior, but......
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »

Subaru's RULE!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »
Nothing oozes rock'n'roll like a Subaroo!

Can we please have a pic of you doing Tawny Kitaen on the hood of yours?

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 12:09:43 PM »
Don't egg our dear Frauline on into foolishness, Uwe.  As good as Subarus are they are not very rock n roll (neither are VWs).  ... I must admit I found it entertaining when the Impreza first came out because that translates as "party" or "event" in some Slavic languages.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
gm has stuff recalled all the time. only because they can't build anything right first time around.

They can't even get their commercials right. "A pitcher who can paint the corners is known as a Rembrandt." I've never heard that and I've been following baseball for 60+ years. It sounds like a term only a fool like Tim McCarver would dream up, but even he's not responsible for that. And then they go on to say that GMC offers that kind of precision. Yeah, right. When I think of precision, General Motors is at the bottom of the list.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 12:21:28 PM »
Dave is  reminding me of that character/cameo on Who's the Boss (I wanna say it was Rob Lowe but it's not in his IMDB filmography) where Tony outs the shennanigans of this corporate bastard to potential foreign investors and the response is "Don't listen to him; he still drives an American car."
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2015, 12:54:37 PM »
They can't even get their commercials right. "A pitcher who can paint the corners is known as a Rembrandt." I've never heard that and I've been following baseball for 60+ years. It sounds like a term only a fool like Tim McCarver would dream up, but even he's not responsible for that. And then they go on to say that GMC offers that kind of precision. Yeah, right. When I think of precision, General Motors is at the bottom of the list.

Not to mention (as I did some weeks ago) that the music behind their commercial about being genuine and precision-made has the Who's "Eminence Front" as background music. Brilliant incorrect choice; makes me wonder if the ad agency found GM so hard to work with that they sabotaged the commercial by choosing that music.

Meanwhile, VW is running commercials with horny old ladies teasing a handsome young salesman on a test drive.  Not sure what that's about.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2015, 04:28:42 PM »

Ahhhh, back then she was indeed quite beautiful - since then, not so much, and it's not age I'm talking about, just way too many plastic surgeries. Shane.

Nothing oozes rock'n'roll like a Subaroo!

Can we please have a pic of you doing Tawny Kitaen on the hood of yours?

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 04:47:32 PM »
She was at all times a piece of work. I'm reading a Whitesnake bio right now and since she didn't get along with Vivian Campbell's GF at the time, she demanded that she no longer be there on tours of the band (unlike Tawny, who was there constantly). So when DC dutifully revealed this to VC, the latter said quietly: "You know what that means, Dave ..." and left the band. To join Def Leppard. More disastrous career moves have happened.

Incidentally, DC's daughter Jessica (he always dug the Allman Brothers) from his first marriage with his German wife Julia (which he got to know in DP days while recording in Munich) runs an upmarket vintage furniture and design shop in Munich these days. You can tell dad in her face, that chin ...  :)

And to round up this trolling post of inconsequential trivia: "Here I go Again"

was written about David's separation from Julia. Never mind how he then had Fräulein Kitaen prancing around and polishing Jag hoods with her butt in the (four years later) vid that conquered MTV.

Hey Rob, with all due respect to your Dutch countryman and his otherwise proven capabilities, Vandenberg's solo on this 87 version is totally overdone and stilted.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:15:44 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2015, 12:47:05 AM »
There's a business maxim to be learned here for those that are not aware of it already...

If you are going to cheat, don't get caught...

I suspect a lot of manufacturers are going to be put in the frame in the near future... stones and glass houses anyone...?

Any footie fans out there ... Blatter's back in the news, not that that has any relevance to the comment I've just made, in any way, shape, or form...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2015, 04:17:13 AM »
Hey Rob, with all due respect to your Dutch countryman and his otherwise proven capabilities, Vandenberg's solo on this 87 version is totally overdone and stilted. 
Yup. Agreed. I prefer the album version with the Sykes solo.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2015, 04:22:02 AM »
I'm rubbing my eyes, a Dutchman defending deutsche carmakers caught cheating? The world is off-kilter ...  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't think I'm defending VW. It's more that I suspect all the other car companies too.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
i can see where uwe got his over the neck fretting gimmick. :sad: although i did see it done in the early seventies. :o
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

vates

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2015, 08:45:40 AM »
Shall it be the end of VW era?

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
Wasn't that Coverdale fellow the singer in the third iteration of a popular British hard rock outfit featuring a certain temperamental lead guitarist?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2015, 10:57:17 AM »
Shall it be the end of VW era?

Of course not.  They will perform ablutions, spend a potload of money fixing the cars, and resume normal operation.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."