Author Topic: Recent Fender Rumble series benefiting from Genz Benz technology...  (Read 1834 times)

copacetic

• View Profile
I was recently trying our some of the new Rickenbacker, Shecter and Yamaha BB Series basses and a Fender Jazz. I just plugged into the nearest amp, it being a Fender Rumble 100. At first I thought well, these are pretty nice basses and all sounding good. I tried out some of the options on this rather small combo amp and was quite surprised how versatile it was. Impressed with the amp, there was a Rumble 200 next to it and that was that much more being 200 watts. I had my Gibson TBIV getting back from a setup and that sounded glorious on both as well. I remember the original Rumble series and not impressed. Could this new series have benefitted from the Genz Benz technology that Fender 'inherited'?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Recent Fender Rumble series benefiting from Genz Benz technology...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:06 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised. The new Rumbles are astoundingly light, and I've been wanting to test drive them. They have many fans on TB (although of course one takes that with a grain of salt).  I have been thinking about a Rumble 100 as a highly portable amp.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
Me too! But...then why not the 200? You get something that dare I say covers a lot of bases both practice and gigs. It's $100 more ( but w/ the special 15% you can most likely negotiate=$339. And 34 lbs vs 22. Hmmmm

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:48:38 PM »
I've been impressed with the Rumbles that I've played with in GC - in fact, those are the amps that I look for to try something out, I know I can get a decent if not nice sound, albeit at fairly low volume - never used one with a group.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »
I have no doubt that the Rumbles are based on Genz Benz technology.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 08:06:51 PM »
That certainly would explain their lightness and sound.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

mc900ftj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 03:44:49 AM »
I have a v3 Rumble 100 that I use for practice and the occasional REALLY SMALL gig.  I have also played through a v3 Rumble 200 that was provided back line for a medium sized room.  I'm pretty impressed with both the lightness and sound versatility on these.  I can pick up the v3 100 with my pinky finger...literally.