Author Topic: NAB FENDER TB-600  (Read 977 times)

pjm

• Proud Boy Bass Player
    • View Profile
NAB FENDER TB-600
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »
Fender TB-600 is essentially a Fender Bassman/Showman front end which was reintroduce a few years ago as the TBP-1 preamp.
This thing is a beast, featuring a value front end with SS power in spades delivering a warm vintage tone that suits the Americana style boogie, country, blues band I’m in.
The bass fit perfectly in the mix with enough tone and volume to drive the band but not get in the way of the other instruments. 
I found the classic tone stack to work really well however I had to do quite a bit of research.
I set it to 2-10-3 bass, mid, treb this gave me a solid warm tone without honky mids, the highs are subtle, this was with my Gibson SG bass with flats.
Foot pedal is awesome with built in tuner/mute, boost channel for kicking in the during guitar solos, the
OD channel adds girth and balls, had it on for all songs except for the less rockin’ country singer songs, where the simple valve tone stack sounded perfectly warm and supportive.
The TB-600 also had a tonne of headroom only turning the master up to 2.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: NAB FENDER TB-600
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »
I remember these from a few years back. Not sure why so few sold, could have been too pricey for a hybrid head. Glad it works for your situation.