Author Topic: RIP Chris Squire  (Read 7477 times)

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: RIP Chris Squire
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:41 PM »
I have always had a soft spot for "Relayer", which usually goes unmentioned.
Good call - I was going to mention it but it felt indulgent. I had a lot of Yes on vinyl (later '80s pressings, not original), and the two I chose to have Roger Dean sign when he made an appearance at my local record store were Relayer & Tales From Topographic Oceans.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »
I've always been fond of "Going For The One".  I was nearly 16 when that came out (and purchased new) and the 8 string work just blew my mind.  (as did the harmonies at the 4:50 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3fQ1wPCFdc

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 02:51:55 AM »
I have always had a soft spot for "Relayer", which usually goes unmentioned.

My two favorite albums are The Yes Album and Relayer.  I once spent the time to learn "Gates of Delirium".
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 06:13:15 AM »
I loved the music from Relayer...but if I recall correctly the mix of that album was almost stridently hot on the high end...like it was mixed down by someone with hearing loss...made it hard to listen to.

I should buy another copy.  By now my ears don't reproduce the highs as efficiently as they used to.

Father Gino

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2015, 01:22:54 PM »
Their best album was Yessongs. It impresses me that that such a band sounded better live than in the studio. Saw them twice at the Spectrum in Philly, 73 & 74. Their sound system was fantastic; sounded great even in the nose bleed seats. Certain substances might have clouded my memory however.