Author Topic: Played a nice '70 P Bass  (Read 1600 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Played a nice '70 P Bass
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:08:35 AM »
Well this is rare (for me)! Me and a Fender P Bass. I jumped up for a couple of songs with a band I'm subbing with on July 4th. Bass player had a nice '70 P with Warmoth replacement neck. I guess something went south with the original, but he chose to just leave it alone, put it away, and put a replacement on there. I'm not a fan of the whole "relic" thing, but he had a guy sort of "age" the neck, and he did a great job. I never would have known if he hadn't told me.

Stage volume was super low, as the band is all on in-ears, so it took me a minute to catch the groove. Good guys, lots of fun! We also went into Dream On after this.

rahock

• View Profile
Re: Played a nice '70 P Bass
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:03:35 AM »
I've been playing a 70 P since 1970. The last few years I've been using my 51 P RI more. Love my 70 ;D.
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
You nailed the sound on that cut!  Perfect music to be played with a Fender!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
Band and bass sound really good!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 07:36:32 AM »
Thanks man! Like I said - stage volume was super low, so I wasn't really sure until I saw the video what it really sounded like. The band is good. Singer subs with a Zep tribute (complete with wig...) from time to time. They had offered me the gig full time, but I'm kind of out of cover band mode for the time being. The bass was PERFECT for that tune. Felt really natural.