Author Topic: Price hikes didnt last? or first sign of the apocalypse?  (Read 720 times)

66Atlas

• View Profile
Price hikes didnt last? or first sign of the apocalypse?
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »
Stopped into my local guitar center and Gibsons were marked down all over the place.  Maybe inventory isn't moving fast enough after the great price hike of 2015.   I went in hoping to find a leftover 2014 SG and ended up buying a 2015 for $999. More like where it should have been priced from the start maybe  :-\

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Price hikes didnt last? or first sign of the apocalypse?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
You got a great deal, but it was either a local reduction or else a mistake. They're still $1679 at GC online and at MF and elsewhere. The SG Standard hasn't been $999 for at least 3 years.

In time, I do think they'll come down officially, though it probably won't be any lower than the 2014 price, which IIRC was originally $1399.

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »
Could be it was for that location or something. I honestly think they've over-expanded in Atlanta and a couple locations are getting a little run down.  Maybe just a sign of some closures on the horizon.  Regardless I'm pretty happy at that price, and the gold rectangular case is kind of cool too.  For some reason it also came with a charger for a robotuner...dont think ill have much use for that.

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:52:05 PM »
Several weeks ago I was at the Hollywood and Westwood GC's: the new TBird was $1,499 at both of them and a 2014 at $1,299. The SG $999.  I asked the guy if it was just a weekend/ special discount and he looked them up and said no, these are the prices for now.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »
They have a 2014 Tbird at the Tempe location for $1299. Still trying to clear out last years inventory I would guess.

But a new SG at $999?? Good deal man!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT