Author Topic: Finally, a Warwick player makes The Telegraph  (Read 2828 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, a Warwick player makes The Telegraph
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »
I learnt a long time ago never to drink and drive... you just end up spilling too much...

... and since when can a UK journalist tell the brand of a bass from that view... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
This is why I stick to 4 string basses, I don't think I'm good enough to manage a 5 string bass while driving.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »
This is why I stick to 4 string basses, I don't think I'm good enough to manage a 5 string bass while driving.

:rimshot:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »

And here I thought that kind of gross stupidity was unique to the U.S...........

I mean Wanwick ownership  :o
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:55:17 AM »
I used to see a guy playing trumpet while driving. If you've been on 290 heading into Chicago during evening rush hour (or any time for that matter) you know it's more like sitting in a parking lot.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »

And here I thought that kind of gross stupidity was unique to the U.S...........

I mean Wanwick ownership  :o

Aren't you forgetting Chris P. ?  ;)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »
He's so close to their HQ, and they had to bribe him with a unique "custom" model, and he writes for a bass mag, so... :P
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »

Buzzards don't count tho, they're far too cool - So is Chris  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »

And - in the days of yore - the "doughnut bumper", thus christened by our beloved Admin.

Chris doesn't have a driver's license - we now know why. And The Netherlands don't allow cars wide enough to harbor a Buzzard.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 11:48:48 AM »
And - in the days of yore - the "doughnut bumper", thus christened by our beloved Admin.

Chris doesn't have a driver's license - we now know why. And The Netherlands don't allow cars wide enough to harbor a Buzzard.

I can't remember using doughnut bumper to describe a Warwick endorser. Which one?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »
Dudepit. Lesbian Brit (aren't they all?). Fretless Warwick. I forgot her name, but she posted quite regularly before math, meth and murky deals pulled the curtain on our forum of mutual inception.

You can't live in constant denial, Dave, seriously!!! "The term "doughnut bumper" (which she thought exceedingly funny, she had great humor when she caught you with it) has since become ingrained with me and I prefer it to the much coarser "clam muncher".
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »
Dudepit. Lesbian Brit (aren't they all?). Fretless Warwick. I forgot her name, but she posted quite regularly before math, meth and murky deals pulled the curtain on our forum of mutual inception.

You can't live in constant denial, Dave, seriously!!! "The term "doughnut bumper" (which she thought exceedingly funny, she had great humor when she caught you with it) has since become ingrained with me and I prefer it to the much coarser "clam muncher".

Now I remember who you're talking about. I don't remember her name and didn't remember her as a Warwick player. She had some kind of serious illness and dropped out after a while.

But I didn't call her that. IIRC the discussion was about Joan Jett or maybe someone else well known, and she joined in the discussion -- with good humor.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 08:19:30 PM »
I don't remember her name either but if I am thinking of the same girl, she was a big fan of those short Ashbory rubber-band string basses. (Yes, I am aware they are silicone) For some reason I think her name was Lucy, but that was a long time ago.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »
I don't remember her name either but if I am thinking of the same girl, she was a big fan of those short Ashbory rubber-band string basses. (Yes, I am aware they are silicone) For some reason I think her name was Lucy, but that was a long time ago.

That's it! Her name was Lucy, her username was Froover, and she did like those Ashborys. She may have lived in Scotland. Maybe the Isle of Skye? And maybe her medical problem was arthritis. I still don't remember her playing Warwicks.

Aussie Mark knows something about this.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:14:52 PM by Dave W »