Author Topic: Quick fix help  (Read 856 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Quick fix help
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »
Got my Mesa M pulse 360 today and heard a rattle. Popped the case and sure enough a nut was missing from what looks like the power board.  Has two big alum heat sinks on each side.  Can't find the little bastard nut anywhere, gonna have to buy one tomorrow.  Is there any place magnetic in the amp where it could be lurking?  The last time I had this happen on another amp, the screw was just rolling around the bottom.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Quick fix help
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
Never been in one of those, but check things like the heat sink fins, and any spaces underneath circuit boards where the screw could have gotten lodged...

I bought an old synth as a restoration project years ago, and on initial inspection had found one of the enclosure screws had some loose and lodged itself right between the power supply board and metal enclosure.  You can see it peeking out in this pic:

At least it was on the low voltage side of that board, and not shorting against one of the mains connections! :o
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:01:48 PM by chromium »

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Quick fix help
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
Couldn't find the nut anywhere.  So, replaced it, plugged it in and all is working fine.  Another great Mesa amp.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!