Author Topic: NAD  (Read 1338 times)

66Atlas

• View Profile
NAD
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:54 PM »
I'm a sucker for little combo amps, especially Marshalls so I could pass this one up.

Its a '76.  50W with a single 12.  I expected the speaker to be a Celestion but when I opened it up found an alnico eminence.  I assume it has been replaced, but found it surprising that the speaker was made in '76 as well.

Anybody here ever own one?

rahock

• View Profile
Re: NAD
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 05:18:31 AM »
A guy I jam with sometimes had a 50 watt combo until about two years ago. It was from about the same era but was white and I don't recall the Park emblem. I will say it was an absolute killer amp. It was pretty heavy and those 50 watts were extremely large ;D. That amp was a little powerhouse 8).
Rick

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
Tubes?

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 05:22:41 PM »
Tubes?

Yes, it is essentially the same circuit as the Marshall 50W super bass head in a combo amp.  12AX7 pre, EL34 in the power amp.  Great sounding little amp and perfect for studio stuff.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 05:09:23 AM »
Studio stuff?? Hell, the one my buddy had could out power just about anything four times it's size! It was great on stage ;D.
He also has a nice home studio and did do some tracks with it, but usually he used a  Fender Deluxe Reverb for recording.
You are using it for guitar, right?
Rick

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
Very cool!

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »
It will end up "living" in my studio and will get used for bass and guitar. One of my go-to studio amps for bass the last few years has been a slightly modified Marshall Bluesbreaker and I'm hoping that this little guy will get used as much.  The eminence speaker will get replaced with something a little bit better and I have a set of NOS Mullards that will replace the modern JJs it has now. Hopefully I'll get a little time to work on it this weekend.