Author Topic: Pics or it didn't happen..........  (Read 2823 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Pics or it didn't happen..........
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 05:08:10 AM »
I like snow and mountains - just the ski part is not for me. I'm happy to just walk around in ski resorts. Cross-country skiing is ok. I just don't feel secure with the speed alpine skiing generates. And legions of ski teachers have not been able to teach me to slow down securely - believe me, I (and they) have tried. At least one of them once had the heart to take me to the side and reveal: "You know, some people just aren't made for it."  :mrgreen: At ski rentals I cause laughs when I request "the slowest skis you have".

I had my first juvenile sex at a school skiing trip in the mid-seventies. I realized then that sex is better than skiing. That hasn't changed for me to this day.  8)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 08:36:59 AM »
I think I found the perfect Uwe snow sport device!

...but I hear you. Skiing is something I can get by with a very few times a year, partly because I do enjoy it, but partly because I have a time-share in Breckenridge, which is among the top ski destinations in the US.  Spending time up there in ski season, it seems a waste not to bring the gear along and get in a half-day. My wife prefers cross-country, so I try to talk one of my daughters into coming up so I have company.  The big Colorado ski areas are within a couple of hours from Denver.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »

Uwe,

It's rained almost continually since you left - You guys timed it very well!
I'm off for our Halloween weekend in Sequim, WA., we should have around 2K folks each night, I'm pretty excited!  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »
Have a great time!  That's a big crowd!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »
+1

And we'll expect the usual rules apply... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...