Author Topic: Goodbye AVRI '62 Jazz........I hardly knew thee  (Read 2184 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Goodbye AVRI '62 Jazz........I hardly knew thee
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 09:41:19 AM »

Nice Scott, you and your wife are wonderful parents 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 03:17:25 PM »
17 here too, Scott... Roshina just never felt the need to drive but with us planning the relocation she's re-assessed the situ...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 03:51:30 PM »
I didn't have a car until I was 18 but I still got my license as soon as I turned 16 and could. I was amazed a few years ago when I learned lots of kids don't bother. It was a rite of passage for us!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
My parents had four acres out in the country.  When I was 14 (1964) my dad bought a 1940 Chevy from a friend for $25...it ran OK, and they let me drive it around our small acreage to get a feel for cars.

That '40 was the last year for running boards on Chevrolets...and it had suicide doors.  I and my friends found out that to change drivers, the driver could simply open the driver's door, step out on the running board, open the back door, walk across the back and use the same process to get into the passenger seat.  The new driver just slid over. Of course, we probably never got over 10 MPH while this was going on.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

georgestrings

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 10:56:51 AM »
When a dad has the chance to provide a pleasant surprise to his daughter, it's a great moment.  You did great - enjoy it!

+1...

- georgestrings