Author Topic: The Bicentennial is here!  (Read 7241 times)

PWV

• View Profile
Re: The Bicentennial is here!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »
Re: The Ice Blue 76 TB.... the seller e-mailed me this:

The Bass is color called "Ice Blue". Evidently a famous rock group on the
east coast bought this Bass and had it re-finished to the color they wanted.
The group was supposedly Heart, per Gibson.

So obviously at least half of that claim is wrong, Heart being a West Coast group.  I know Steve Fossen works at Bass NW on Saturdays so I'll give him a call and see if has any memory of this bass. If it was another "East Coast Group" it would have been approx. 1977-1981ish.  I think Steve left Heart around 1981, and the seller had picked this one up in Anchorage in 1982.  So the timing was right, apparently there was some other gear sold along with the TBird (band yard sale of sorts I think).

Anybody out there *maybe* see an "East Coast Group" with this bass back then?  (Kind of a needle-in-a-haystack search maybe, but maybe one of y'all were there at Capitol Center in the haze...)

I found this vid of Steve playing a Sunburst TB... also a reminder of how hot Ann used to be huh? 

*How do you embed a video btw?  *

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
Heard from Steve tonight - he only played Sunburst TB's and one "Red One" in Heart...no biggee.   I need to take it to Mike soon!   8)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 12:16:02 AM »
*How do you embed a video btw?  *

I haven't enabled it, at least yet. Clicking on a link is easy enough for everyone and means that I don't have to worry about possible security issues with embedded flash.