Author Topic: new family photo  (Read 2221 times)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
new family photo
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:22:07 PM »
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: new family photo
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
Nice collection!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:26:17 AM »
Nice shot, Bryan...

Curious about your Vantage artwork - any chance of a close-up of the body...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

SKATE RAT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:41:15 AM »
the Vantage is covered in stickers. strategically cut and fit around each other. then a whole can of polyurethane. i paid $40 for the bass, the body was broken in half. i epoxied it back together and added the DiMarzio pup sounds and plays great. i just need a hard case or any case for it. i may try to make one.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

SKATE RAT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:44 AM »

i made the Dice knobs too.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »

Great stuff!   :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:28:53 AM »
You've got good taste! My collection is now mainly 60's EB's, a grabber, SG guitar, P bass, Rick 4001 and, a handful of far east 'oddities'.
Gotta put them together for a shoot one day, I think my 'total' is exactly like yours :)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »
Definitely like the fin... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »
i just need a hard case or any case for it. i may try to make one.

Of course, you have to have the same finish on the case :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:52:04 AM by amptech »

SKATE RAT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »
I will if I ever find a case. I might try those goofy coffin cases, they seem to fit weird pointy shapes

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
You might want to try one of those Dean cases they use for their models (the basses, not the wimmin'!).

That Flying V Decal looks like it was made for either The Exploited or The Misfits!!!  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

SKATE RAT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
yeah,Uwe. i thought about Dean cases also the Epiphone ones. just not sure if it would fit?

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:13:10 PM »
It will fit in the Dean Metalman case.  They are HUGE...also weigh almost 20 lbs.  I've used them for 2 ExplorerBirds
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dean-deluxe-hardshell-electric-bass-guitar-case-for-metalman-v-series

The Dean gig bag will also work.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dean-large-metalman-electric-bass-guitar-gigbag

Great sticker job!

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »
Hey, I had one of those univoxes! I thought it sounded pretty good.

I (badly) turned mine into a baritone, sort of ... replaced the bridge, replaced the bridge pickup with a duncan P-90 , added some guitar tuners, cut a nut (badly), and strung it standard guitar tuning, E A D G B E but with the E and A an octave down.  It was a bitch to play but it sounded pretty cool.

I wonder where the hell that instrument is now?  I have no idea!  It went missing during a period where I moved 3 times in one year...
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 03:56:03 AM »
It will fit in the Dean Metalman case.  They are HUGE...also weigh almost 20 lbs.  I've used them for 2 ExplorerBirds
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dean-deluxe-hardshell-electric-bass-guitar-case-for-metalman-v-series

The Dean gig bag will also work.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dean-large-metalman-electric-bass-guitar-gigbag

Great sticker job!

All Gibson and Epiphone cases are short scale, a long scale Flying V won't fit. OTOH, like Dadagoboi says, all Dean Flying Vs (or whatever they call their similar shaped models) are long scale or even extra-long scale, their cases are aircraft carriers even dwarfing long scale Explorer cases. No worries about the bass size then, you might just need a wider car (no joke, my Dean Flying V cases are too wide for even my Volvo V-70's backseat compartment and that is not a narrow car by any means).  Or always transport them lengthwise in driving direction in which case you need a station car. Oh, when I still had the Volvo XC-90, that fit in width, but only barely.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...