Author Topic: Orange Terror amp  (Read 1441 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Orange Terror amp
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
I decided to start a new thread for the deserving Terror head.  I have the 1000 watt version and it's a brute.  I took the ExFactor and Hofner Club to practice tonight and all went well.  Both basses performed well with the amp.  The ExFactor was huge in active mode.  The Club was great too.  Gone was the woofing mud I had with the Mesa.  The Club ended up being my fave.  It was bassy, hollowish and clear.  I really liked the tone and sound of it. 
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Orange Terror amp
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:50:57 PM »
 I bought a TB500 on a whim as a easy carry backup for my Hiwatts. It is so much more than that. I have recorded with it, done small shows with it and even used it to open for Dokken last year in front of about 3,000 people in a large outdoor venue. I liked it so much I bought  two 1x15 Orange cabs, they sound great btw. The tone controls  (Treble,Mid,Bass) while simple seem to function a little differently than most amps. They act more like independent volume controls, sounds weird but play one and I think you will understand what I am talking about. I have tried other Hybrid amps before only to be let down. The Orange Terror bass delivers tube tone, feel , and impact in spades.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »
 :popcorn:
I bought a TB500 on a whim as a easy carry backup for my Hiwatts. It is so much more than that. I have recorded with it, done small shows with it and even used it to open for Dokken last year in front of about 3,000 people in a large outdoor venue. I liked it so much I bought  two 1x15 Orange cabs, they sound great btw. The tone controls  (Treble,Mid,Bass) while simple seem to function a little differently than most amps. They act more like independent volume controls, sounds weird but play one and I think you will understand what I am talking about. I have tried other Hybrid amps before only to be let down. The Orange Terror bass delivers tube tone, feel , and impact in spades.

We NEEDS a Picture

Happy Face

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »
From time to time, I run the same rig as GOT. It's not real photogenic though ..... A little head on those nice 15" boxes. Sounds really good, however.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Been super busy I'll post a pic. soon.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 12:30:22 PM »
Me too.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
 :popcorn:

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 02:23:57 PM »
 Here you go not the best picture but the rig does exist! In the studio. What it sounds like. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=474153225956006&set=vb.98848571338&type=2&theater

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
I like the looks of it!
I understand the "baby" look but WTH if it sounds good use it!
Thanks for posting this.
Rob

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:49 PM »
Finally getting closer to the tone I've been chasing.  The Orange with my SG bass were great tonight.  Deeper tone and thumping bass.  I think the TI flats also made a big difference.  Maybe the rounds on some of my basses were more of a problem!  The bass definitely performed wel with this rig.  Turning the gain down and vol up helped as well.  Promising!