Author Topic: Check out this Fenderbird with a lefty Jaguar bass neck  (Read 1581 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Check out this Fenderbird with a lefty Jaguar bass neck
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:38:32 AM »
I was watching David Allen Coe from Billy Bob's on yt and this kept coming up as a suggested video. I like it.

...plenty of shots of the bass too, even if you don't always hear it.  The bridge between the two songs is what makes it, along with a pretty impassioned performance.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: Check out this Fenderbird with a lefty Jaguar bass neck
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »
Great tune.  I prefer the George Jones original, but not bad.  That's a 'Pawnshop Reverse Jaguar' from  Fender.  Looks like they sold one.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »
I had never hard of Jackson Taylor before, so I looked into his other music. It's more Nashville-polished than his image would suggest, especially the production.  It's kind of halfway between the hardcore country/punk/rawk of the Supersuckers and the rest of modern country radio, even if his pedal steel player is apparently a big Danzig fan (and that's one hell of a solo he does in that video). From what I saw, that performance is the best on YT, minimal autotune and beatmapping, and he writes some seriously good country tunes when he's not trying to be David Allen Coe Jr or taking the Charlie Daniels/Skynryd/Fox News cheap sell of blaming everything bad in this country on liberals. I also saw a couple dozen too many fratboys in the concert footage in his videos, too.  Still, it could be worse, and in the same universe where Keith Urban and Brad Paisley could crank out REAL country music but grow rich playing faux pop, he's not too bad, even if he sets a bit past the nice side of Hank Jr on the "pretty scale."

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
Great tune.  I prefer the George Jones original, but not bad.  That's a 'Pawnshop Reverse Jaguar' from  Fender.  Looks like they sold one.

I've picked up one several times at GC - and put it right back down. Fender sells apples. Why do they keep trying to turn them into oranges?
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter