Author Topic: Marty Friedman Inferno new album  (Read 853 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Marty Friedman Inferno new album
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »
Anybody else digging this new one from Marty? He's one of my favorite guitarists. Megadeth's best albums were Rust In Peace and Countdown to Extinction in my opinion and in large part because of Marty's playing. Here's some of the tracks off his new one.

Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: Marty Friedman Inferno new album
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:22:50 PM »
I'm planning on checking it out - I was never into Megadeth, but got turned on to Tokyo Jukebox, his cover versions of Japanese pop classics - this is one of my favorites:

Here's the original:

8)

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:22:56 AM »
Good musicians find inspiration in surprising places sometimes. It's hard to imagine being an ex pat for as long as Marty has. I guess he really likes Japan.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »
Haven't had a chance to check the vids in this thread out yet... but I was into Friedman too way back when (Cacophony and Megadeth).  I agree wholeheartedly on those two MD albums - still break those out once in a while for a listen. 

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
Saw Megadeth open up for Black Sabbath with Dio in Albany maybe a year before Dio passed. The bill should have been switched. Megadeth had so much more energy and momentum compared to that Sabbath lineup which comparatively sounded as if it was stuck in the mud and, as it turns out, on death's door. No disrespect intended to the man's legacy, just giving an honest assessment. RIP RJD.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
I believe the new album comes out today - going to try and pick it up! I enjoyed the couple of tracks that I listened to. Thanks for the heads-up!