Author Topic: Don't crucify me for this, but I covered a song by the Eagles.  (Read 1002 times)

Blazer

This is a very difficult song to perform on your own and I couldn't do a note perfect rendition because of my inability to play the grand piano and I also don't have a string section around. So I had to compromise and work with what I had. This took me to hell and back getting it right. I innitially wanted to make it into a country song and had recorded steel guitar, mandolin and a telecaster solo but in the end I decided to leave them out because the parts I played on my Aria nylon string acoustic just sounded so good that they left no room for improving. Although I did leave one steel guitar part wailing along in the low registers in the background, it's audible at the start of the song.

The instruments used were my Medelli DD505 electric drumkit, my selfbuilt Fender/Westone fretless bass, a self built Lapsteel, my Aria Nylon string acoustic and an old tambourine. The eerie high pitched sound is me whistling.