Author Topic: Aged Antigua. Fugly or Fabulous? You be the judge  (Read 5307 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: Aged Antigua. Fugly or Fabulous? You be the judge
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 07:01:55 AM »
Surely you're being facetious Dave. Most people's qualms would be with the associated mélange of organ meats. If you actually don't like oatmeal, please be sure to eat some other types of whole grains. They're wicked important for your health.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »
No thanks. Anything with oatmeal in it gets a big thumbs down from me.

You and all that snow and nae porridge...??? ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
Surely you're being facetious Dave. Most people's qualms would be with the associated mélange of organ meats. If you actually don't like oatmeal, please be sure to eat some other types of whole grains. They're wicked important for your health.

I'm serious. The taste is revolting to me. Back when Wilford Brimley was spokesman for Quaker Oats, I saw a comedian do a parody of his ads. The fake Brimley said that oatmeal tastes like something someone had already eaten and thrown up. That's about right.  :)

You and all that snow and nae porridge...??? ;)

I have grits to get me through the winter (and summer).

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:53 AM »
Here's some video of me jamming on the old girl. Nice cutting tone with the La Bella flats and a heavy celluloid Fender pick.

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203266317671519" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore">
by Kimberly Wallace.</div></div>

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 08:22:22 PM »
Not sure what you're trying to post but it didn't work. Is this the video?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203266317671519&set=vb.1016788838&type=2&theater

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 06:20:02 AM »
Yes, that's the one Dave. I just selected the embedding option on the vid and cut and pasted the link it gave me. Not sure why it showed up the way it did. I didn't know where the singer, Jason, came up with the song until I looked it up yesterday. It's a Zakk Wylde song.