Author Topic: Gail Collins Dead  (Read 3915 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Gail Collins Dead
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »
Although it's been more than a decade, Leslie was still using his LP Jr. that Collins painted on stage here and there.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 01:26:12 PM »
Finally, one last cold kiss...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
How she ever got away with nothing more than a negligent homicide conviction that is beyond me. She got 30 years more of life that he didn't, shame it wasn't all behind bars.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
How she ever got away with nothing more than a negligent homicide conviction that is beyond me. She got 30 years more of life that he didn't, shame it wasn't all behind bars.

If I recall the story at the time, she shot him because she was unable to live with the open marriage agreement that she and Felix had once reached.  I would need someone with a better memory, or information, to correct me when I state that she shot him after he had come home from a casual encounter somewhere.  I don't know from there, what the foundation of the charges she faced was.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »
You remember correctly. She decided to end their open marriage agreement by executing him. It may not have been first degree murder, but it was murder. She didn't just accidentally shoot him out of negligence.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
This article explains some of the circumstances at the time of the tragic events.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/overnight-tryst-jealous-wife-led-death-rock-legend-shooter-laugh-article-1.121655
I won't celebrate this unfortunate woman's demise, but I will raise a glass for the legacy of Felix! Salute!
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 05:07:05 PM »
"Buy your wife a diamond ring, some flowers, a pushup bra," he said. "Don't buy her a gun."

No kidding.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »
I won't celebrate this unfortunate woman's demise, but I will raise a glass for the legacy of Felix! Salute!

Hear, hear!  :toast:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »
None of us were there. Crimes of passion. Statistics have it that your loved one is the most likely person to kill you too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:21:26 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »
None of us were there. Crimes of passion. Statistics have it that your loved one is the most likely person to kill you too.

We do know what she did. We just don't know if it was pre-planned or an on-the-spot decision.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:21:44 PM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »
A gun went off. She was responsible for that. Whether she really wanted to kill him - either pre-determined or right then and there - is another matter. No, you don't mess with guns in front of people. But she's not the first and she's not the last who might have had a blackout in a relationship strife.

Granted: That she called her attorney first and an ambulance only second is a disturbing detail. I'm not saying she isn't guilty of manslaughter or deadly assault or whatever, but as a lawyer I'm prepared to give her the benefit of (a little) doubt, you know how we are ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
I've never been able to see why committing a murder that was planned or one that someone spontaneously decided to commit makes all that much difference.  Definitely, premeditated murder is worse, but it's only a matter of degree.  It's not like the dead person gets to feel better if his murder wasn't planned. 

One other point is that Gail Collins had her cats put to death.  She could at least made an attempt to find a home for them.  Frankly, just thinking about her kind of pisses me off anyway.  Not a fan. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
I've never heard of her before, and given the info presented in this thread, I'm quite happy about that.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
She was pretty much out-there, Al, and certainly a part of the story that was/is Mountain, from the songs and lyrics to the original artwork they used...

Music is littered with joy and tragedy...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...