Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Monster Fender rig - 400 PS

(1/9) > >>

gearHed289:
Wow, I never knew these things had three output transformers. Not a fan of the folded horn, but this is just plain cool!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370988628220?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Highlander:
[jaw-dropping] Gosh... [jaw-still-dropping] ;)

Granny Gremlin:
I saw one of those cabs IRL once in a store. The grill was gone though.  Just so massive and impressive looking - I woulda grabbed it if not for the HUGE!  God damn having to hump 3 of them around.

Also r right next to it they had a similarly shaped (but not horn loaded?  can't recall) 4x12 (Bassman cab I think).  I was very surprised at how quickly those got sold (they weren't there more than a week or 2 - I lived around the corner from the store at the time so I popped by on the regular), which was the even more amazing thing.

Psycho Bass Guy:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on January 24, 2014, 08:55:19 AM ---Wow, I never knew these things had three output transformers. Not a fan of the folded horn, but this is just plain cool!
--- End quote ---

They DO NOT have three output transformers. They have three taps on the transformer secondary split from a single primary winding. I HAD one until I sent it away for cosmetic restoration and it, the nice set of NOS GE 6550A's, and the custom roadcase it was in disappeared into New Jersey.

pilgrim9:
I saw a head with one cabinet in a pawn shop 35 years ago. The guy turned it on and it started on fire so I never got the chance to try one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version