Author Topic: Pictures of the new Les Paul Recording II  (Read 13049 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of the new Les Paul Recording II
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 01:02:09 AM »
Beautiful pair of Ladies... It will be nice to know which would be the "go to" after you've settled into them...

After watching that vid this was on the page... replicating a '59... the bit I found most interesting was the recreation of the front of the instrument circa 12.25 and the second vid shows the details of the construction of the copy-carver...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ORLk1K3Ic#t=685

www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2090789743&feature=iv&src_vid=A5ORLk1K3Ic&v=IrZkDnryBek
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2015, 04:28:00 AM »
How does it sound?
If those pickups are the real deal, you'd say they could build a Triumph too. (well, I know I can.. 8)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »
The pups are not the real deal; they're HiZ doppelgangers. I forget how we established this (way back when they were released), I think it was something to do with another guy who had one posting gut shots - there was a Jensen DI transformer feeding the LoZ output (2 separate jacks vs a switch - the only improvement over the original).

Gibson does not have the schem for this on their site to confirm.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2015, 08:51:59 AM »
No it's not the same, it's quite different. It has a maple top & separate High & Low Impedance jacks like the 1976 version. Like the Les Paul Signature, it has a balanced line out. A chord came with the guitar. I have a Peavey KB-300 with a low impedance mic jack that I use when playing low impedance & it sounds really nice, even though it's going from hi to low impedance. I miss the "Decade" feature, it was standard on all previous Recordings & one bass in the Netherlands! It has a separate tone control for each pickup, not the Treble & Bass control the originals had. I like the feature that allows you to switch either pickup to single coil, though I don't know yet if I'd use it much. I'll have to try it through a few more amps. I tried using a low impedance amp & a high impedance amp at the same time, it hummed & the ground lift switch worked to quiet it down. Kind of a neat effect in itself. I guess after thinking about it for around a year, I bought it because it was different.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!