Author Topic: what bass is this?  (Read 1338 times)

ampang

• View Profile
what bass is this?
« on: July 02, 2008, 12:45:44 AM »
Is there anybody that can identify this bass? What brand?

Blazer

Re: what bass is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:05:12 AM »
Is there anybody that can identify this bass? What brand?

Aria Pro2 SB 1000

And those were pretty popular during the eighties, EVERYBODY played them.  Marcus Miller, Jack Bruce, John Taylor (Duran duran), Cliff Burton (Metallica), Trevor Horn (Buggles)

ampang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:30:11 AM »
thanx !

I was curious because quite often I see it but i've never been able to read what brand is written on the headstock....I have this old book with a lot of pics on it, it's about jazz and talks about instruments and records and such (I bough it for few cents at a sale because of big nice pics of classic jazz records covers..).
In this book the electric bass section is built around pics of a dude showing some playing technique...nothing really interesting but the bass used was this one that i wasn't able to recognise..
well now i know what it is..

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:23:16 AM »
They are also well loved and go for a fair amount of money these days (for an Aria) around $1200 last I looked.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
I have one similar to that - an SB-Elite II.

The neck is very nice.  It actually feels a lot like my Alembic in terms of profile, but it is narrower at the nut (1.5") and wider at the body (2.25").  As I remember, the original pickups had a middly "honk" to them - which I hated at the time (late 80s), but would probably enjoy for certain things now.  It definitely had its own voice.  I regrettably modded it quite a bit when I was younger.