Author Topic: Yamaha BB1100S - any experiences?  (Read 13619 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha BB1100S - any experiences?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »
To my knowledge, Yamaha was one of the first laminates and that's what put them on the cheapo shelf, but they sounded great. I can't say how well they aged, I haven't seen one in a while.
Rick

I had mine for about 20 years, until sometime mid-90s when I gave it to my boss' son. Don't know if it aged in the same way as a solid top, but it still sounded great.

Tripp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 07:20:25 AM »
I am the original owner of that Yamaha BB 1100S.  The cherry Sunburst one with the Schaller tuning heads.  I bought the bass while I was stationed in Okinawa Japan in 1987.  I traded that bass out in Greensboro where I live.  I didn't really want to get rid of it but I was not playing it as I was once was.  I noticed that it was on eBay not too long ago and was wondering if the guy still wants to sell it. I put the original bad ass bridge on it after I had initially took off the original bridge and put a gold large bRidge on it that's why you see the two black screws above the badass bridge. I'd like to contact the owner of this bass if they still have it.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 12:44:53 AM »
I've only played one in a store. Yamaha makes good gear, but there's no vintage value, no matter how many people wish it. It's not worth $600-800.

They are even cheap on Reverb, where the prices tend to be a tad delusional.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
I am the original owner of that Yamaha BB 1100S.  The cherry Sunburst one with the Schaller tuning heads.  I bought the bass while I was stationed in Okinawa Japan in 1987.  I traded that bass out in Greensboro where I live.  I didn't really want to get rid of it but I was not playing it as I was once was.  I noticed that it was on eBay not too long ago and was wondering if the guy still wants to sell it. I put the original bad ass bridge on it after I had initially took off the original bridge and put a gold large bRidge on it that's why you see the two black screws above the badass bridge. I'd like to contact the owner of this bass if they still have it.

You could always send a PM to ack1961 and see if he still owns it. Doubtful, since this thread is from late 2013 and he intended to resell it, but maybe worth a try.