Author Topic: CURRENT CATALDO  (Read 134992 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: CURRENT CATALDO
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2014, 04:33:28 PM »
That has a dash of Guild and Gretsch in the outline, methinks.  Nice work!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
Thanks guys!  As far as the outline, I traced a Jazz and added a small amount of my Godin Zeta to the mix and tweaked it.  Guild Pilot resemblance maybe but not any Gretsch I'm familiar with.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
A J bass even I could love.

Same here. Very nice.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
That has a dash of Guild and Gretsch in the outline, methinks.  Nice work!!

Yup...the Guild Pilot influence is there to my eye.  I was thinking of some of Gretsch's more exotic models, but there's more Guild.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2014, 08:59:28 AM »
Uli's bass cleared German customs yesterday and he says he's really digging it.

Yeah, that's a Bootsie on the wall.  It gives me a real kick that Uli actually gigs my basses.  Next up for him is a bound, 3 pickup, reverse headstock 'Bird.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
A beautiful bass, no doubt about that. But my heart is constantly directed toward the one pup, no pg, G8R, cherry. Now, that's a beauty! To be precise, that bass is the whole reason why that word's constructed: Beautiful! http://cataldobasses.com/G8R.html

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
Crikey.. your site's grown up a bit since I last checked it... 8)

I agree with Stjofön... unique enough to be different and desirable...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
Thanks, guys!  I've built 3 of those including the Eighter for myself.  The best sellers are the more familiar looking stuff.  Website needs to be updated as usual.  No Phantom or RR on it yet.

Last bass of 2014 ready to go, time for a major shop cleanup.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
Carlo... I hate to say this but the workshop looks like it's slidin' into the swamp...! :o :mrgreen:

Presently winding down the shed and looking for suitable cases for my spares in prep for the relocation works...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2014, 06:53:40 AM »
Carlo... I hate to say this but the workshop looks like it's slidin' into the swamp...! :o :mrgreen:

Presently winding down the shed and looking for suitable cases for my spares in prep for the relocation works...

Yeah, the whole place is!  When's D-Day?

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2014, 02:18:32 PM »
Place goes up for sale in March, then it's fingers crossed... ;)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »
Place goes up for sale in March, then it's fingers crossed... ;)

So, what's the master plan Kenny?

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 08, 2014, 08:44:30 AM »
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
Ommmmm Ommmmm Ommmmm  :mrgreen:

So, what's the master plan Kenny?

Short term... once sold... tempted to buy an old coach, strip it, and use it to transport all our gear north... once we find a location, convert it (coach) into a 4-berth holiday-let; try and set up some other lets; concentrate on the writing and photography; Jackie has some ideas of her own, as does Roshina - most of it gels together...
Some of it is towards the idea of a spiritual retreat...
J's not 100% on board (sic) with the coach idea but I can buy one for a fifth of the removal/relocation costs...
Location... main drag in the Highlands - the road from Inverness to Ullapool, or from Fort William to Skye, or the Great Glen (Caledonian Canal, which runs from Fort William to Inverness, passing Loch Ness on the route) - a lot of it will be arts-and-crafts related... once it happens I'll sporadically do something like my road-trip stuff...
A later plan is to build a (small-but-perfectly-formed) rehearsal space that I can also rent out - somewhere you can open the (barn)doors and look out to the mountains for inspiration (and midgies :o)
There's a certain degree of risk in this but we see no future in London, or anywhere in the south-east of England, for that matter... London is mortally wounded, as are most big cities, imho...
Presently sorting out packing for instruments that have no homes so just bought a "Coffin" - I have cases for the Acoustic, the SG, the Hohner, and the Jazz lives in the RD's case, so the RD can go in the Coffin and I'll pick up another couple of budget ones for the AD and R's P copy (which presently lives in a bag)
I'm hopeful, once relocated, that I may ask a certain notable party to make me a body to go with my other Jazz neck, but that's presently only wish territory until we're sorted...
I'll need to start seeding stuff away to build up kit for the space and sell off some other stuff - I went through some old Pennie Smith slides last night and found about 15 unpublished Zep at Knebworth originals, one Cash, some Roxy, Hunter/Ronson, Lou Reed, a load of CSNY from Wembley '74, Jeff Beck, a single McCartney, Hawkwind with Lemmy, 10CC - scan and sell original... oh yeah, and a bunch of some band called Deep Purple #III at the Hammersmith Odeon...  :mrgreen: not sure of all of them yet...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »
Ken, you ought to be able to profit handsomely from your photo collection.