Author Topic: CURRENT CATALDO  (Read 135152 times)

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
Re: CURRENT CATALDO
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2013, 03:41:43 PM »
Thanks for the FaceBook Likes, guys.  Just hit 30!

I'm in!
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Thornton Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
Liked!!

TD
Please keep your eyes open for my stolen 1973 Burgundyglo Rickenbacker 4001 Serial # MD1582. It was stolen in November of 2006. Reward for its return. Thx!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
I'm in!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2013, 10:08:22 AM »
Thanks, Guys!

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
What's up with this guy?  I doubt what he says regarding the neck pockets and finish are true.  You should set him straight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cataldo-JAEBird-Bass-in-Fiesta-Red-Finish-Fenderbird-Bass-/171182373596?pt=Guitar&hash=item27db43badc

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2013, 05:43:36 PM »
What's up with this guy?  I doubt what he says regarding the neck pockets and finish are true.  You should set him straight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cataldo-JAEBird-Bass-in-Fiesta-Red-Finish-Fenderbird-Bass-/171182373596?pt=Guitar&hash=item27db43badc

It's an early bass, probably one of the first 10 made...price was $595 delivered.  Neck was done the early Fender way, lacquered and then dressed, leaving lacquer on the sides of the frets.  First I've heard that the guy wasn't happy.  Worst thing about that bass is the John Boehner orange neck job.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to trash something you're trying to sell.  Even JohnK didn't do that when he was selling his JAEbird body (he kept the neck).

I DO spend a lot more time on the basses these days, this bass costs $1495 including case and shipping in the US, going to Italy this week.  Bridge /Tailpiece are vastly improved, etc.  I have satisfied customers these days, I'll survive.  Thanks for the heads up!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 05:49:43 AM »
The Ebay JAEbird went for $1275 plus $55 for shipping.

Here's the set neck NR, now Polaris White.  Buffing, assembly and set up are next.

It's about an inch shorter than a JAEbird judging by how it fits in a standard Cataldo case.  It will get a mod to keep the 'bird from moving.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »
Mudbird? :)
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
  That white NR looks so SWEET! Love it. Reminds me of something ;)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2013, 09:25:31 AM »
Mudbird? :)

It's a Curtis Novak FakeBucker.  Sounds sorta Fender-ish.  Customer supplied it.  It's way underwound with heavier wire compared to a mudbucker.  "Polepieces" are fake, do absolutely nothing to affect sound and you can't angle the pickup height to compensate for the greater power of the E and A strings.  In short, it's a perfect replacement!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
  That white NR looks so SWEET! Love it. Reminds me of something ;)

Except the pup screws on that DiMarzio do something!

Pretty happy with the way the side dots came out.  They're the same size as my S.D. Curlee which doesn't have face dots.  Given the choice I'd take big side dots over face dots.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »
Geeze Carlo that is one beautiful bass. Those early Cataldos were a bargain, I don't know what that guy was whining about. It's great that you have built up your business and that you enjoy a well deserved good reputation.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
Thanks, Scott!  I really appreciate the praise.

I cranked out 25 or so basses the first year.  This year the goal was 10, I'll be there once this one ships.  I've probably spent close to the same amount of time on those 10 as I did on the first 25.  I've learned a lot and looking forward to doing some more set necks.  BTW, this one is going to the guy who bought the first NR Fiver you owned for a while.  He pretty much let me do what I want including set neck, color and 2+2 headstock.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
If that fiver was a fourbanger I would have kept it no question! If I couldn't warm up to a NR fiver I ain't never gunna!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »
Now With NECKBOLT BEGONE

LOL!