Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

CURRENT CATALDO

<< < (2/169) > >>

Dave W:
Happy birthday, now I have another 8 months before I catch up with you again.

Really dig the looks of the finish on your birthday J. No grain filler on this one?

dadagoboi:

--- Quote from: Psycho Bass Guy on August 28, 2013, 10:05:05 AM ---That reverse-neck Jazz finish is BEAUTIFUL. Fender puts out some see-through blondes that look like that every now and then.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, it's a very easy finish to do after a little experimenting.  We moved to Florida in the fifties and that was the finish on our new oak furniture.  When I started my furniture biz in the Eighties I chose ash as my standard wood because of the wild grain and it reminded me of my '55 Precision.

--- Quote from: Dave W on August 28, 2013, 10:26:45 AM ---Happy birthday, now I have another 8 months before I catch up with you again.

Really dig the looks of the finish on your birthday J. No grain filler on this one?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, getting there is half the fun!

I no longer use grain filler on anything.  With ash the water based white stain fills quite a bit but you still have some 3D with 2 sealer coats that's hard to photograph.  Two heavy coats of lacquer would smooth it out pretty well but I like the semi flat look for a change.  I had some pix of the body stained without any sealer but I deleted them  somehow.  I'll document the next one.

Iome:
Buon compleanno Carlo. Beautiful basses.
If you need help with the italian customer i'd be glad to give you a hand.

OldManC:
Happy Birthday, Carlo! I'm glad your business is coming along. It ain't work if you love what you do.

dadagoboi:
I appreciate the offer, so far so good with Google Translate.  I'm a little worried if I ship my usual way, through the mail.  The Italian post office has a pretty bad reputation.

That's why I've been self employed my entire life, George!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version