Author Topic: Thanks to all  (Read 3003 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Thanks to all
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:53:28 AM »
I just wanted to say thank you to Uwe and Dave for making this place possible. You know this place is not free to run right?

It has been a refuge and support group for everyone here, old friends, I would actually trust (except Mr Huff).
We have a history together, many of us with different views on things, but we all tend to get along.

I don't remember a thread of thanks for everyone that runs this ship. Also allowing us to coexist, there has been very few banned members as well as little drama here.

How long has it been for this site?

Also I am glad to see some old friends come aboard, like Aussie Mark, Granny Gremlin, Hornise, slink, pekka and Daniel resurfacing from time to time. Also it has been great to make some new friends along the way.

Thanks again- group hug!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:11:48 PM by Barklessdog »

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Thanks to all
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:29:15 AM »
Amen!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »
I described the place as an oasis a few weeks ago and that's exactly what it is. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »
Totally agree. I enjoy visiting this site very much. I appreciate Uwe & Dave making this site available to us. Thanks guys!!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:22 AM »
well said. 

this is best group of guys on the internet,  nothing even close.

Thanks to all for making it so and especially the guys that make it all happen.... :toast:
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 08:57:32 AM »
Thanks, guys. We've been here since January 2008. What amazes me is how much longer than that some of us have been hanging around. I've known some of you as far back as the original TBL mailing list in the late 90s. Ancient history. But there are quite a few regulars who have found us in the past five years and fit right in. As with any community, you're comfortable or you're not, and we're happy with those who feel at home here.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
I'll add my thanks to this thread - I know it's not free, and Dave and Uwe do a fantastic job with it.  There is more good judgment exhibited here, combined with more freedom to comment, than any other forum I know of.  It's a great example of goodwill among forum members. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
Well said John!

This is indeed a great place for all the reasons you mentioned and more.

Here, I have learned:

How to properly identify WWII aircraft.

How to dress, effectively, as the opposite sex.  Seems that boots are the proper starting point......

The ins and outs of WWII mechanized armor and the belief, by some, that quality over quantity is important  :P

How to choose a beer for any season.

That beer is not veggie friendly under normal brewing methods.

How to go about sacrificing meat to the flame.

More than I ever wanted to know about Deep Purple and "he who must not named"

That cancer can indeed be beaten.

More bass stuff than I thought existed.

Thanks Again Uwe and Dave!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:02:53 PM by Lightyear »

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »
Pah, this place sucks. We don't even have an official worn fret club over here.    :mrgreen:

Keep on keepin' on guys.
Thank you.
I love you!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 10:40:27 AM »
Pah, this place sucks. We don't even have an official worn fret club over here.    :mrgreen:

Do crooked frets count?
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
+1 to everything said - I almost gave up on forums a long time ago due to an unusually high concentration of ass-wipes with typing skills.
There are some good folks here with some crazy-ass senses of humor...but I don't tell a lot of people about it - LBO is an oasis.
Thanks, Steve
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
It's what the pit should of been long ago. A place without drama and a adult and reasonable attitude/ respect of other people regardless of what bass you play, music you listen to or religious political view point (even though your going to hell if you don't hold my beliefs - the love of krautrock).

It's not "my house" but our house.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »
I was sad when the pit imploded, but in retrospect this place is far better.  I'm thankful for the collective wisdom here, the good taste in music, humor, and all the friendly dialogues (still don't get why that is so rare on most forums!).  

This is always the first place I come for insight on projects or pretty much anything related to my favorite pastime, and I really trust and appreciate all the folks here.  Thanks Uwe and Dave (and the moderators!) for keeping it going!

Bah.. who am i kiddin'... I'm really just here for the blondes and bananas!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:37:25 PM by chromium »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
 Many thanks to Dave and Uwe!  :toast: I do forget that it does cost someone in the end, I would be happy to contribute. It's odd I consider many my friends here though we have never meet, Bill drbassman being the exception, that is we have actually meet!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »
Geez, glad you clarified your comment about me Scott!!!! A guy could get a complex!  Ditto all of the accolades for Uwe and Dave.  This is a great place to talk basses, music and whatever with a bunch of good folks. I always feel right at home here.  We all could pony up if you guys ever wanted us to, it would be worth it!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!