Author Topic: Boston  (Read 9915 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Boston
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »

Good idea.  This is one of the few places I can go to free of the political polarization crap that pervades American society.  I look at it as Internet oasis.  Oasis the band, that's another story I guess.  I can remember one music forum I used to go to long ago.  There was a guitarist who was such a fanatical Oasis fan that if anyone ever said anything negative about them, he would go berserk.  Once he made quite a scene and even the moderator seemed embarrassed.  Fun times.  

Oasis aren't as singular as their zealots take them to be nor as horrendously bad as their naysayers would like to have it. Nice bass playing here by Noel. On a Ric 4005 owned by Paul Weller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_uWYnrDsa0

I generally do prefer their older brother Rory,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKsf_4vqp0k

but I kinda miss them, they were at least never boring with their sibling rivalry.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:53:36 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
There was a lot of turbulence going on.  They were just some guys making some music and there is a certain innocence to that.  That's especially so if contrasted to what this thread is really about.  In regard to Oasis, although I was never a fan, I did get tired of people saying they were too influenced by the Beatles.  I hardly think that is a crime. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 08:14:35 PM »

but I kinda miss them, they were at least never boring with their sibling rivalry.

Pfffffttttt!  Ray and Dave Davies did it better and longer :P  At least until Dave had a stroke - may, just maybe, Ray has let up on Dave.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:53 AM »
I haven't heard anything other than that the police have a suspect based on surveillence camera stills...

One down, one to go.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 03:12:48 AM »
I was watching CNN last night, and they were talking to the man who shot the picture that may be the suspect.  It's the one of the guy in the white hat that appears to be calmly walking away from the site of the explosion.   It was the only picture this guy shot.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 04:08:26 AM »
Let's keep any more political comments out of this thread. Thanks.

Right on.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »
Was reading this this morning. Scary and interesting to say the least.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039981_Boston_marathon_suspects_media_blackout.html

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
Occam's Razor...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
Couple of interesting things:
I saw interviews with family members on various news outlets.
Their uncle, who lives in MD, seems to have no problem believing that they were responsible. Also seems hella pissed.
Their aunt, up in Canada, "was a lawyer, back home" (uh oh) and wants evidence, because she feels the pictures were staged.
The father, interviewed somewhere in Russia (where he moved back to after receiving asylum here - said he felt "nostalgic), feels they were framed. One phrase - "there are cops like that". Apparently, the interview was cut short because Russian security forces showed up to take him away for questioning.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2013, 04:37:01 PM »
Anyone who thinks the pictures were staged needs to be in a mental asylum, permanently. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »
Was reading this this morning. Scary and interesting to say the least.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039981_Boston_marathon_suspects_media_blackout.html

That's self-fulfilling prophecy. EVERY one of those photographs is post-explosion investigation. That the government had employed a quick-response terror team using VERY visible stylized logos there quickly shouldn't shock anyone, nor should the fact that they don't want photos of them publicized be surprising either. Just to be brutally cold in terms of numbers, an escalating false flag operation would need to have larger numbers of casualities compared to Sandy Hook and a more direct link to firearms if it were truly designed to inflame anti-gun sentiment. I don't believe for a second that we are being given the full story, both due to government intervention and the incomptenence of the media, but trying to say this is just a gun grab, as Infowars has, is either delusion or vile opportunism.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »
That's self-fulfilling prophecy. EVERY one of those photographs is post-explosion investigation. That the government had employed a quick-response terror team using VERY visible stylized logos there quickly shouldn't shock anyone, nor should the fact that they don't want photos of them publicized be surprising either. Just to be brutally cold in terms of numbers, an escalating false flag operation would need to have larger numbers of casualities compared to Sandy Hook and a more direct link to firearms if it were truly designed to inflame anti-gun sentiment. I don't believe for a second that we are being given the full story, both due to government intervention and the incomptenence of the media, but trying to say this is just a gun grab, as Infowars has, is either delusion or vile opportunism.

We're never given the full story on anything.  For example, if people had the full story on how the American educational system truly functions, there would be so many irate people, it would collapse within a week.  Hardly anything is as it seems anymore.  It's all about perception now, not reality. 

--Blaise Pascal

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »
It's all about perception now, not reality.

That's the way it's always been. It's only been in recent years that position-point designed "news" has supplanted news designed simply to inform and it disgusts me that so many people willingly buy into the "product." Ethical journalism is probably the final casualty of 60's idealism.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 06:51:51 PM »
We're never given the full story on anything.  For example, if people had the full story on how the American educational system truly functions, there would be so many irate people, it would collapse within a week.  Hardly anything is as it seems anymore.  It's all about perception now, not reality. 

Man did you ever hit the nail on the head regarding our pathetic education system.  Right on.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
That's the way it's always been. It's only been in recent years that position-point designed "news" has supplanted news designed simply to inform and it disgusts me that so many people willingly buy into the "product." Ethical journalism is probably the final casualty of 60's idealism.

Amen, journalism and the fourth estate are dead.