Author Topic: So how many of us are turning into Old rockers?  (Read 3326 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: So how many of us are turning into Old rockers?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
  I'll be 49 at the end of the month. Ya know Bill I'd take one good knee over a full head of hair, not that I'm going to get either ! Oh I miss my chestnut corkscrew curls ala Ian Hunter. But I can still kick any up starts ass.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Blazer

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
  I'll be 49 at the end of the month. Ya know Bill I'd take one good knee over a full head of hair, not that I'm going to get either ! Oh I miss my chestnut corkscrew curls ala Ian Hunter. But I can still kick any up starts ass.

Keep on rocking brother, keep on Rocking!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 09:53:12 AM »

And bend that G string! Creature of habit, huh, doesn't the legendary Dasson Technologies bridge make "hand intonation" like that superfluous?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
I was 52 in the shots I have, and my avatar.  There was only one guy older than me in the indie circuit of Cincinnati last year, and he was in a borderline country band (he played pedal steel) passing themselves as alternative.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 10:57:51 AM »
My age is a state secret, but I bought my first 50s Gibson bass for $125, and I had Dick Dastardly pencil erasers.  Out of a public trader mag when nobody else wanted it.  However, I confess to my preference of becoming an old rocker to the only alternative!
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 12:23:28 PM »
I just turned 31 this year, and I still attend as many punk and ska shows as I can (it's not easy living in bumpkinville as I do).  I get sad when I'm there and I hear 22 - 26 year olds bitching about how old they are, and so on. 

I guess I'm an old rocker.  I try not to think about it, and just make sure I'm still having fun.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »
I hung out with a couple of old rockers last week - one played in the same band for over 30 years, and for many of those years they were playing at least three times a week. I knew that he had hearing problems when I asked twice if he had wireless internet in his house, to which he responded "what?" Even his 19 year old daughter had to say it two or three times before he finally understood.

The best part was that his wireless internet connection was nicknamed "yer_mom"!

pamlicojack

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »
I turned 40 last year but I don't feel it at all, except for a few aches and pains and soreness in the joints.  If I lost 30 pounds I wouldn't have those.  Most of my friends are much younger and they keep me feeling and playing young.  Getting an upright has also helped. A wise man once said "Age ain't nothing but a number..."

Shame the beard came in white, I mean silver...

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »
51 in Cincinnati, and I still gig--only thing I've noticed is that weight has become a major factor when choosing gear.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 01:51:12 PM »
51 in Cincinnati, and I still gig--only thing I've noticed is that weight has become a major factor when choosing gear.

So who you gigging with in Cincy?
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 12:49:15 PM »
Band called the Cincy Rockers--website http://cincyrockers.com/ --classic rock--a euphemism for "old people music"

That's me with the Dano Longhorn...nice'n light!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:59:05 PM by patman »