Author Topic: Gibson 60s Non-Reverse Copies...Kaminari  (Read 7701 times)

mc2NY

• View Profile
Gibson 60s Non-Reverse Copies...Kaminari
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:58:42 AM »
I didn't see anything posted about these yet.....Pricey but I see they are using Lollars PUPs with Lull option, which is interesting since the bass is Jap made. But, again...a MAPLE neck, not mahogany.

I LOVE the name of the model and am surprised that no one thought of it before....the "Yardbird," although I do not recall ever seeing anyone in the Yardbirds with a Thunderbird. But same 60s period and blues/rock, so appropriate. I like the white and blue color options...and that a single PUP version is available...and they were smart enough to use chrome hardware/PUPs. Maybe send one to Gibson?

http://kaminari-guitar.com/wordpress/?p=1010
********** GOOGLE TRANSLATED DIS PIDGEON INGLISH YANKEES BOYS!! **********

YARDBIRD
"Non-Reverse Thunderbird base known as" that have been produced over the 69 years from 1965 is the genesis Rock. Is a complete reprint reproduce the specification of the time would be difficult in the future. As a product called "easy broken neck" in the model at that time because there was a decisive disadvantage because. Also distinctive sound was born because of its structure, was also, though. "Sound and its fragility, looks hard to change." Why did not the presence of the legendary "non-reverse" this area is a triangle.
Based on the first step should be commemorated, KAMINARI dare put his hand in the area with the "non-reverse" this. A redesign from the ground up, shape, weight and balance parts material body, thick neck, repeated trial, a very bold electric bass was completed. Born here KAMINARI YARDBIRD.

Looks simple and unique genre-agnostic generation
"Non-reverse" aka. Regardless of the model is important in telling the electric bass at the time, in modern times have become less likely to see the light of day looks. Reprint that was not coming from the structure of the neck is almost as easy to break, and that at the time the existing TB are traded at a higher price at least, it is cited as the reason. We started the project in terms of not "reproduce" this is not just a reprint the TB from quite a variety of difficulties, that, let's start from scratch to "re-product" in KAMINARI.

Where is the backbone of the sound
There was a distinctive sound to TB at the time. 34 in. mahogany set neck humbucker to scale. KAMINARI hits the development YARDBIRD, in addition to those specifications we have a special focus on "the length of the head and the thinness of the body."
How good do you part with Innovation Moi to cover the core of bass, tight to this, has a thicker core. Go out of balance methodology incorporates elements of Company F's to sound G, TB and thicker than the first 34mm thickness body, mahogany body designed to withstand the low frequency range. Material is used for further maple neck, Indian rosewood fingerboard flat stick to (slab board). Has a set neck joint it.
Vibration to the head very long, TB is an important point to make here also sound at the time also. Fatal drawback that becomes very fragile and they put the head angle as of the time will not be avoided. Rather than how to make the tension with a square head, YARDBIRD resolves it in the so-called Shakure plus tension-type guide, the length of the head is an important point of the sound is reproduced exactly where we are.

How to finish a retro bold new
Repeated consideration to how to try to avoid the impasto paint that would eliminate the texture of the wooden basis, YARDBIRD finish took a bold way. Without performing the sealing conduit dare to put out of wood, I have a rough finish with paint like Nuritaku~tsu. It is easy to be Iroyake future scratch easily because it is blown polyurethane ultra-thin without lacquer dare, also looks retro, user-aging natural rather than the texture of the AGED and relic which is prepared from scratch I want you to make your own, we adopted a finish like this.

All brand logo hand drawn by pin striper prominent one in the world
The biggest feature logo and brand. YARDBIRD All are decorated in hand-painted lettering on the brand logos. This design and color this one is different because it is one. I've tried to offer something for everyone with the fun of the original book "one in the world," even if you get what YARDBIRD. The lettering is subjected to a direct request to the pin striper prominent, have perfected over time.

You can put a pin stripe pin striper prominent at the base of all as an option to the base of the KAMINARI.

Body ?Mahogany
Neck?Maple
Fretboard?Indian Rosewood
Scale?864mm (432mm)
Neck Joint ? Set-Neck
Pickup ?Lollar Thunderbird Bass Pickups
Machine Heads?Gotoh GB30
Bridge?Hipshot D Style 2Pieace Bridge System
Color?Dove Blue / White / Black / Custom color

228,000 yen list price basic model K-YB1 <Specifications 1PU> (price 239,400 yen with tax)
List price 268,000 yen 2 pickup model K-YB2 <Specifications 2PU> (price 281,400 yen with tax)

Accessories: bridge cover, soft case
Hard case (sold separately), dedicated Gigubakku upcoming

Up 15,750 yen Mike Lull Pickup options
Pinstripe yen ~ 21,000 options
* Because it is all decorated by hand, pin stripe, but will come off in the course of aging to use, adopts a hand-painted texture also expect that in KAMINARI.

YARDBIRD

· K-YB1 List Price 228,000 yen (1PU) (239,400 yen tax included) = 2585.519986 US Dollar

· K-YB2 List Price 268,000 yen (2PU) (281,400 yen tax included) = 3039.119983 US Dollar

Color: Dove Blue / White / Black

· ~ ¥ 21,000 pinstripe options
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:40:01 AM by mc2NY »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Gibson 60s Non-Reverse Copies...Kaminari
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
 Everybody is getting into the act now. :rolleyes:
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
See what we started with Bach?  :mrgreen:

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:46:24 AM »
See what we started with Bach?  :mrgreen:

Yep, and for the $2500 those cost, I'll buy 4 more BaCH Series IIs!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 12:17:53 PM »

I have a nice shot Mike Lull's prototype NR, it'll debut at NAMM, it just means we were all way more influential than we ever realized - Once again, all props to Rob, he made it go  :) 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
    I would humbly like to suggest that this custom NR actually started the ball rolling long before Bach or Lull. I have been quietly expanding my shop and I am working out finishing details but I actually hope to be building basses by spring. I have a box of bridges and tailpieces, a stack of pickguards and a source for pickups. Parts were a big hang up 5 years ago not so anymore.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:28:11 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »

You'd get no disagreement from me Scott, yours is (quite obviously!) a lifetime love affair  ;)
I think you need to make Fenderbirds like the ones Tom and John have, pure bad ass!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 02:04:30 PM »

I think you need to make Fenderbirds like the ones Tom and John have, pure bad ass!

Yeah, not like the crap I build.;D

Seriously, I'm excited you'll be building basses and look forward to sending NR customers your way.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »
Yeah, not like the crap I build.;D

Seriously, I'm excited you'll be building basses and look forward to sending NR customers your way.

? Did I miss something? If you're doing the version with the different, more cutaway body it''s news to me, both Tom and John have one that are custom builds. Further, I made no reference to the quality of what your basses Carlo - Everybody here that owns one of your basses likes what you do, and I certainly have no criticism of that. 

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:12 PM »
? Did I miss something?

Only the Swamper's self-depracating sense of humour, I suspect... ;)

Carlo knows he's pretty much got the respect of all of us here, yours included; he certainly has mine...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 02:54:57 PM »
Only the Swamper's self-depracating sense of humour, I suspect... ;)

Carlo knows he's pretty much got the respect of all of us here, yours included; he certainly has mine...

Thanks, Kenny.  I thought ";D" showed my intent...maybe I should have said,"What am I building, chopped liver?"

As we all know, the first FenderBird was so named by JAE and it didn't have a raised center.  Neither did the one I built in 1982.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »
 While slapping myself on the back and puffing my chest I hope everyone realizes I do it with a sense of humor. So many of us here are influenced by many of the same things and the exchange of ideas and the love of the instrument has brought forth a flood of great ideas and product......................none of which was available five years ago. The NR? Not my idea that credit goes to Gibson. I build my interpretation, Carlo his and Mike Lull his. I'd like to think there is room for all. Carlo builds fantastic basses. I love both my JAEbird and my siggy NR. Rob got the deal with Bach going, how he did it I'll never know, just ordering a bass from Bach is a exercise in early 20th century commerce. How he was able to get all the specs to Bach and get them to build us a real NR is beyond me, do yourself a favor order through Rob. Now a Thunderbird bridge with longer travel for the saddles, that's my idea and I can trace that back as far as 1983 ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:56:32 PM by godofthunder »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
 My first "Fenderbird" circa 1981!

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
...just ordering a bass from Bach is a exercise in early 20th century commerce.

Funny, I went to the bank and wired money to BaCH on a Friday and my black one was on my doorstep the following Wednesday!

Seriously, though, Rob and everyone else who provided input and worked with BaCH to make those NRs provided a great service to bass players. Many thanks to you all for your constant efforts to produce accurate NRs!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »
Maybe someday I'll get back into building....my 8 and 12 string set neck basses seem to have a cult following...now that Hamer is closed down....but one small problem.....lack of money.....stops a lot of things...