Author Topic: We should look so good in our 70's....Sophia Loren rocks  (Read 6049 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: We should look so good in our 70's....Sophia Loren rocks
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »
A mention of Gwyneth she who may not be named in every thread in this thread would certainly not go amiss, would it? She even has a stadium (or arena rock) hubby.

Why? Is she 70+ like Sophia Loren? She's not in the same league as Loren anyway. Never thought Bardot was all that either.

Joan Rivers is pulled so tight, her navel is probably on top of her head by now.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:28 AM »

This is actually perfectly normal for a woman her age.
I find all those plastified women disturbing and pathetic (including Sophia Loren)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 04:12:33 AM »
True. Ms Bardot could still be an It-grandma if she wanted to, dragging herself from one party/charity to another and living off her fame and undergoing cosmetic surgery in regular intervals. She decided against all that and her then still existing blond bimbo image decades ago and became an animal rights activist. That might not be to everyone's liking, but it sure beats being invited for what you once where and fighting age all the time.

She never made me cream in my pants when she was young (though I understand why people found her beautiful), but I respect how she lives her life now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:28:16 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:32 AM »
True. Ms Bardot could still be an It-grandma if she wanted to, dragging herself from one party/charity to another and living off her fame and undergoing cosmetic surgery in regular intervals. She decided against all that and her then still existing blonD bimbo image decades ago and became an animal rights activist. That might not be to everyone's liking, but it sure beats being invited for what you once where and fighting age all the time.

She never made me cream in my pants when she was young (though I understand why people found her beautiful), but I respect how she lives her life now.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »
I just thought these different women were good contasting examples of how differently they approached their looks as they aged. Looks aside, Sophia will always be remembered as a great actress, Joan a talented comedian, Brigitte maybe wasn't the best actress but is definitely and admirable woman. So Dave who floats your boat from the 70 plus gang? Ursulla Andress perhaps?

Don't think she had much work done. I think it's cool she was in Matthew Barney's multimedia art exhibit The Cremaster Cycle I saw at the Guggenheim in NYC.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 08:13:39 AM »

Don't think she had much work done.

Of course she has. She looks like a friggin' alien!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
Ursula had a lot of work done, just not very well done. Sophia should share an address with her. Or Demi Moore. Demi, never a really beautiful woman in my book (neither was Ursula, that Bo Derek prototype), has been in skillful hands too. Didn't help with Ashton in the long run though (but their marriage lasted longer than most in Hollywood, to their credit).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:11:59 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
I just thought these different women were good contasting examples of how differently they approached their looks as they aged. Looks aside, Sophia will always be remembered as a great actress, Joan a talented comedian, Brigitte maybe wasn't the best actress but is definitely and admirable woman. So Dave who floats your boat from the 70 plus gang? Ursulla Andress perhaps?

Stage and screen: Diana Rigg.

And in music, no qestion, Connie Smith.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
Diana Rigg looks like a cross between tv catwoman Lee Meriwether and Natalie Wood.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
Diana Rigg, 2006...I think she is one of the classic beauties of the 21st century...

Interesting article about Dame Diana from 2008:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/3555923/Diana-Rigg-her-story.html

Heading: Dame Diana Rigg may be 70 this month but she still drives a Mercedes sports car, smokes 20 a day and swears by a bottle of Merlot before bedtime. The spirit of Emma Peel lives on, finds Nigel Farndale. Portrait by James Deavin.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »
Most fittingly, however, the American public chose to go bananas about Heid Klum rather than Claudia Schiffer (even though, I hasten to add, Claudia never sported a Hitler 'tache!). Alas!, but then you liked Foghat better than Roxy Music too. Heidi is the Foghat of supermodels.  :mrgreen:

I would take Claudia over Heidi in a heartbeat! Which makes sense I guess, since I have more Roxy Music in my collection than Foghat.  ;D

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

"I'm in Love with Emma Peel, smooth as Ivory, hard as Steel"  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »
Cool number, Mark!!

I think that today, Dame Diana would say "that's another person".
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »
In terms of looking hot for a long time, from any era, I think it's hard to beat Marlene Dietrich. Look at her in 1932 in Shanghai Express and then in 1958 in Touch of Evil and she holds up solid. She was bi too.

Any songs that mention her besides Madonna's Vogue?

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »
Two ladies that always got my attention were Ingrid Bergman and Donna Reed.
oh and Gene Tierney...and Grace Kelly..oh yeah, and...
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.