Author Topic: GOT MIA  (Read 12009 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
GOT MIA
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:14:59 AM »
 Crazy times at the Ponderosa.  I am not posting as much, lots going on. My father in law is terminally ill, My wife's job is a day to day question (Kodak), I'm looking for a job with benefits don't want to get caught without health care. And lets just say our 15 year old daughter is being well 15. Oh yeah and my van has a intermittent electrical problem and will just shut down when ever the F it feels like it, power just dies no flashers, can't unlock the doors. It spent 3 days at the dealer and they can't find a thing wrong....................it's a death trap. So if you don't hear from me you'll know why. I have a review of Carlos NR fiver (a beautiful piece of work, just not for me. I kept thinking of ways to make it a 4 banger) and Epi's new 60's EB3.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:47:56 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: GOT MIA
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
Are you think of unloading the fiver?  Let me know.  Hope things work out, you do have a lot going on!!!  Best wishes and prayers for all of you!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »

Take care of the important things Scott, your family and you. Everything else will come around in good time.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
We're all here sending you good vibes to you & yours Scott.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »
Yup, focus on the important stuff, and the rest will take care of itself.

Prayers are with you while you're getting everything under control.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
Godspeed, my friend! Cheers to you and your family.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
Hope things settle down for you soon. Good vibes sent your way~~~~~~
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »
Hang in there!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 01:35:51 PM »
  Thanks guys  :) I hate to complain but I really consider you guys my friends. It's strange, the van stresses me the most, I can't put my family in it and I am scared to even drive it to a dealer to trade it in. Between a rock and a hard place with that one.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
I'm with you bro'...

My wife's mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer last Monday - one to two months is a best estimate at present - chemo may extend by a short time but at what cost to her quality of life - she's not that strong so they may decline it... c'est la vie/ so ist das leben...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
Best wishes, Scott.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
Which car door could stop the Saw of Thunder?  :mrgreen: Have a hammer with you in the car and you'll be alright even if worst comes to worst.

For everything else: Halt die Ohren steif! (Loosely translates as "Hang on in there!")
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 06:11:11 PM »
Kenny I am so sorry. Paulie (my father in law) has opted for hospice. They talk of weeks but I think it's more like days. The the chemo would be worse than the disease. My heart felt sympathies to you and your wife. Brothers we are. All of us.
I'm with you bro'...

My wife's mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer last Monday - one to two months is a best estimate at present - chemo may extend by a short time but at what cost to her quality of life - she's not that strong so they may decline it... c'est la vie/ so ist das leben...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
Prayers to you and your family, Scott. You're a good friend. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »
Hang in there Scott.  We've been there with a daughter ourselves, it can flat out wear you out, ours is now a beautiful 22 year old grad student and believe me it was a hell of a battle along the way.  My only advice is stay strong and love her - you'll all pull through in the end though you may feel like you barely survived WW3.  I don't know why bad crap seems to clump together or why it happens to nice folks and not the asshats of the world.  Have faith - it's bound to get better.