Author Topic: FS: 1977 Fender Mustang Bass - near mint !!  (Read 2441 times)

bostonguitarrepair

• View Profile
    • My Blog, The Guitar Garage
FS: 1977 Fender Mustang Bass - near mint !!
« on: June 14, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
Thinning the herd guys - figured I'd let my fellow bottom-end dwellers know first about this bass before I turn to Ebay (Harry actually got a first hand look on Friday).

This is a completely 100% stock and original 1977 Mustang Bass.  Bought it a few years ago, but then found a 1966 Mustang Bass that was more along the lines of what I was looking for (color and weight) - so after being in storage a few years, this one is up for sale.

When I say all original I have to explain - last night was the first time this bass has ever been opened up or disassembled.  How can I say that so authoritatively - well - there was still a big dried out splotch of buffing compound UNDER the guard - on the flat surface (oh Fender Fender Fender ...) - and the screws made that "we have been moved since this thing was painted" sound when I loosened them.  The case is also in excellent shape - outside has some scuffs but the inside is a crazy brilliant orange, with the little "Victoria" emblazoned on the neck hold down strap.

I put together a post on it on my blog - you can check there if you're interested.  The neck dates to the 31st week of 1977, pots date to the 18th week of 1976:
http://guitargarage.blogspot.com/2008/06/for-sale-1977-fender-mustang-bass-very.html

I'm asking $1400 - I know thats at the high end for a Mustang Bass from the 70's, but this is truly in collectors condition.

I will be updating the blog with more pics - of the case and fretboard for example - and info, like the weight.  Drop me a line in the next few days if you're interested !!