Author Topic: New JOHNNY SMOKE Video NR content  (Read 7643 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: New JOHNNY SMOKE Video NR content
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 07:27:29 AM »
Looks like something designed by the late Bernardo Rico.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 07:34:52 AM »
no one likes a smarty pants, dave. bernardo rico, indeed!  :mrgreen:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »
I thought it looked like an instrument that could really cut thru the sound.  :-*
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
 Yes it is the since departed Axe bass, not only do I not like the bass but I look fat in that Tshirt............ well maybe cause I am.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 06:11:51 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »

I like it when certain skirts make my butt look big  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
Scott, I love that you're worried about how you look in that shot because most non-musician guys wouldn't even think twice about that. We old rockers from a certain era can't help ourselves even all these years later. And yes, I include myself in that because I think the same way! Unfortunately, I've found in my own experience that we all can't be as genetically blessed as the long legged Fraulein.  :mrgreen:

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
 At a little over 5'11 I am tipping the scales at 190 down from last March at 202  :o my goal is 180. I was 165 forever, after our daughter was born it seemed like the weight came with fatherhood. Being almost 53 doesn't help either, I eat and drink the same things, well I  eat better now than I did when I was younger. I cycle 2-4 times a week, I just can't seem to shed it like I used to. :sad:
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
Looking forward to this video being public so you can inundate facebook with it!

I was actually really impressed with how natural and clear it looked. How did you get it to sound so good when you guys don't even have cables or amps?  ;)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 01:50:40 AM »
I vaguely remember Scott "acquiring" that fun item some time back - why'd she move on...?
Have a great day when it rolls past and turn a blind eye to the calories when you narrowly avoid burning your eyebrows on all those candles... ;)

Video...? Works well and a great sound... Which 'Bird is that in the video...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:45 AM »
  The Bird is the "Pheonix" or the little piece of Tbird I bought off ebay, you might remember I rebuilt the body then sent it off to Michael Dolan to build the neck. It came out super it plays and sounds great. I did the finish  Reranch rattle can Pelham blue. Not he best job but it will do for now. I axed the Axe because I wasn't really using it and as a impulse buy it really doesn't fit my collecting criteria USA or vintage. Also After I got the Black '76 Thunderbird I use that for the KISS tunes in the set.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 07:29:06 AM »
 The Bird is the "Pheonix" or the little piece of Tbird I bought off ebay...

That's a good name for it, all right. I think of it as the Splinter, because that's about all it was when you got it.  :)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »
Looking forward to this video being public so you can inundate facebook with it!

I was actually really impressed with how natural and clear it looked. How did you get it to sound so good when you guys don't even have cables or amps?  ;)
We went back and forth over the amp cable thing, it came down to logistics we only had a afternoon to shoot and one person to help with guitars etc. As it was were were chased off a few locations, dragging amps around would have really slowed us down.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »
At a little over 5'11 I am tipping the scales at 190 down from last March at 202  :o my goal is 180. I was 165 forever, after our daughter was born it seemed like the weight came with fatherhood. Being almost 53 doesn't help either, I eat and drink the same things, well I  eat better now than I did when I was younger. I cycle 2-4 times a week, I just can't seem to shed it like I used to. :sad:

Amen on the weight thing!

Since turning 50 (am 53 now) I can really tell my metabolism has slowed down, I probably should be exercising a bit but am on my feet 8 hrs a day at work just don't always feel like it  :-\
If the fat would just go to my butt and hips instead of my tummy I'd be a lot happier......

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 09:05:43 AM »
 to add insult to injury not only does mine go to my gut it goes to my chest...........................I got bigger ones than my wife!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »
to add insult to injury not only does mine go to my gut it goes to my chest...........................I got bigger ones than my wife!

This has taken an odd turn.............Sports Bra!