Author Topic: The funniest quotes of Bassplayers about other bassplayers  (Read 1172 times)

Blazer

The funniest quotes of Bassplayers about other bassplayers
« on: June 07, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »
It's a fact that when musician's magazines interview a Bassplayer that particullar bassplayer will be asked about fellow bassplayers and sometimes that makes for very funny anecdotes. Let's share the funniest.

"I was attending a gig by the Chick Corea acoustic band and John (Pattitucci) was playing those incredibly fast 32/12 notes on his double bass. After the gig he spotted me and came over saying 'Ah Sting, such an honor to meet you, you've such a big influence on my playing with all the spaces you leave.' I looked at him and went 'Really? I honestly would never have guessed.' " - Sting about John Pattitucci.

"I consider Flea a good bassplayer and that's the problem: he KNOWS he's a good bassplayer" - Lemmy about Flea

"If he were three inch taller he'd truly be a great Bassplayer." - John Entwistle about John Deacon (Queen)

"See that man overthere, he is responsible for all my succes." - Rick James to the daughter of his long time recording and touring bassplayer Oscar Alston

"Rick was a big influence on my own playing because of his recklessness and abandon, his own bassplaying always sounded enthusiastic because he never practiced enough to really master it." - Oscar Alston about Rick James