Author Topic: LE Cherry Thunderbird IV  (Read 16393 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: LE Cherry Thunderbird IV
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »

He's away hiking this weekend, so we mice should play  ;D

I think that's Suzi Quatro.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

finlover

• View Profile
    • 3 Chord Rodeo
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
QUICK--somebody switch out all his black hardware for chrome!!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »

;)

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
 Ohhhh....
Isn't that whorish................I want it!  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

finlover

• View Profile
    • 3 Chord Rodeo
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the color obviously!!!  The gold hardware?  Not so much.  The gold knobs can stay though.  OldManC, do you happen to have any pics of a Frost Blue 'bird?  I think that might be the ultimate for me.  With chrome hardware and a red Thunderbird logo as long as I'm dreaming.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
Heather mist was on my short list for the BaCH refin.  Always liked this one:

...any pics of a Frost Blue 'bird?

Here are a couple of frosty pics from my stash.  The reverse was a refin, and the NR was a nicely done copy.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:04:48 PM by chromium »

finlover

• View Profile
    • 3 Chord Rodeo
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
Thanks a million, chromium!  If I ever come into scads of money, or catch TBird1958 Disease I'm commissioning a Frost Blue 'Bird for sure.  I might even buy a Subaru! :)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
Have to agree concerning a bit about the country of the early 70's. Commander Cody, and the stuff made by Flying Burrito Bros, Grateful Dead, and a whole bunch of other bands, are really what I need for breakfast. Though I really fell deeply in love with the tunes by Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, and that girl who's name skips my mind right now, the chick that got killed in an airplane crash in -63 or -64, who sang Crazy - right into your heart - from the late 50's, early 60's. And then came The Beatles, and I forgot about everything else...

You're thinking of Patsy Cline.

Maybe I'm confused here. Are you saying that you consider Commander Cody, the Burritos and the Dead to be country? That's what I'd call country-influenced hippie music, not what I'd call country.

Real 60s country (with bass):

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »
I'm with you, Dave!  If I had my druthers our material wouldn't extend much past the early '70s.  Even most "outlaw country" doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Not much of an outlaw fan either, aside from Gary Stewart. And his music really harks back to an earlier era. There was still some good 50s-60s honky tonk music still being made in the 70s.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Thanks a million, chromium!  If I ever come into scads of money, or catch TBird1958 Disease I'm commissioning a Frost Blue 'Bird for sure.  I might even buy a Subaru! :)

A custom finished 'Bird probably isn't as expesive as you'd think, start with a used one - I think Marty Bell is reasonable. I'm hoping to have my black '76 refinned later this year  :)

Subie's don't have fins but they're sure great little cars for gigging and getting around in crappy weather, treat yourself to one!   

finlover

• View Profile
    • 3 Chord Rodeo
Re: Johnny Paycheck
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 04:41:59 AM »
Maybe I'm confused here. Are you saying that you consider Commander Cody, the Burritos and the Dead to be country? That's what I'd call country-influenced hippie music, not what I'd call country.

Now that's what I'm talking about!  I actually do this song in another band that's more focused on "hard" country.  Sweet Teisco bass he's got there!  I guess the George Jones gig didn't pay too well back then.  Sounds pretty good though.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2012, 08:09:02 AM »
Pimp My Case...  ;D

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »

For the first half of this song ("Don;t Play A-11") I was trying to think how an A-11 chord sounds and if it sounded "sad" and why I souldn't play it......Then I realized he was singing about pushing the A-11 button on an old jukebox for some old song. DUH!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »
For the first half of this song ("Don;t Play A-11") I was trying to think how an A-11 chord sounds and if it sounded "sad" and why I souldn't play it......Then I realized he was singing about pushing the A-11 button on an old jukebox for some old song. DUH!

Jon, that gives me a great song idea for a song. Maybe "Please Don't Play CMaj7#11" will be a smash hit for me.  :)

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »
Yeah, Dave, of course I consider The Commander, The Dead, and the rest hippie music! Music I love. I think the music grew into a very interesting territory when The Dead begin throwing in country influences, and do a lot of regular country.
Any way, those David Ferguson tunes are really nice. Hope anyone here gets to hear the tunes.