Author Topic: Epiphone for 2024  (Read 4053 times)

Alanko

• View Profile
Re: Epiphone for 2024
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2024, 11:06:21 AM »
I wouldn't trust any geometries to be faithfully reproduced on an image that potentially came from a smartphone or similar small device.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2024, 08:50:51 PM »
Not in this pic it ain't

It does look like the bridge is a tiny bit off in that pic, but the tailpiece is obviously farther off.

I wouldn't trust any geometries to be faithfully reproduced on an image that potentially came from a smartphone or similar small device.

I printed the image from my desktop, aligned the print with the edge of a desk. ran a small t-square ruler across it.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2024, 05:27:00 AM »
To me it looks like the disallignments differ between pic 1 and pic 5, so I'd agree with both Rob, Dave and not to forget definitely Alan who probably solved the mystery.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2024, 05:42:56 AM »
I printed the image from my desktop, aligned the print with the edge of a desk. ran a small t-square ruler across it.

If the geometries are distorted in the source image then no amount of analysis is going to get around that. Somebody is going to have to measure one of these basses in the flesh.

It would seem fitting that with the advent of Gibson prices for Epiphone instruments we start seeing Gibson factory errors in Epiphone instruments as well. Subtly erode quality and consistency while jacking the price. Fender MIM instruments seem to be in a similar low ebb just now.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2024, 06:47:46 AM »
I'm pretty it's just this one. all the other pics of the Inverness Green and Ember Red are mounted perfectly fine. Although the saddles seem to be maxed out to the front of the bridge.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2024, 11:53:04 AM »
Time for Badbird 2.0!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2024, 01:11:15 PM »

Red one inbound......... :-*
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2024, 06:05:00 PM »
You have enough Thunderbirds, Mark.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2024, 07:46:57 PM »
You have enough Thunderbirds, Mark.

Respectfully, no. There's at least one or two more that I really would like to have.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2024, 01:03:07 AM »
As you might know I've sent back my Gibson Nonrev in Inverness Green because of quality issues. I looked forward to see this one (as a press guy I saw the pics very early) but looking at the pictures more often I GAS for the silver one.....

There's one on it's way for a review!