Author Topic: Gibson NAMM Photos  (Read 7701 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Gibson NAMM Photos
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
Here.

No article, just pics. Mostly guitars but I do spy two Birds in the Gibson booth and one seems to have a mirrored pickguard and a toggle switch. These probably aren't Epis, there's a separate Epi booth shot where you can see the Woody and EB-0.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Gibson NAMM Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »
The one T-bird is like the one Nikki Sixx has in a recent BP mag. Looks like it has his name on the pickguard as well. My wife won't be happy if that is a production model!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »

I sure like that red Nikki Sixx 'Bird......okay I WANT IT!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:39:31 AM »

\
\Another future Uwe purchase

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 11:41:42 AM »
No chrome......... big deal!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
No chrome......... big deal!

Yeah, but that Sixx bird with chrome will look great!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
Yeah, but that Sixx bird with chrome will look great!

Yup! Me wantie Bad!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
 Is it just me or do those wings look like quarter sawn maple ? Why stop at the pick guard ? Chrome baby !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »
The one Nikki is holding in BP is a trans black and it looks like flame maple on the wings. No idea if the maple is just a top cap on mahog or if the entire wing is made of it. Either way, I have a feeling I know what I'm saving to buy next! ;D

The silver one (at least it looks silver to me) has the same 2 knob 1 toggle layout. Wonder if thats a new thing for T-birds in general?
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 12:48:17 AM »
I first thought the silver/white one had a chrome pickguard, but it could be a white one too. With reflection from the light on the guard or the transparent plastic cover, it looks chrome but could be just white?

I like toggle switches. The only thing I miss on my SG RI.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 12:55:43 AM »
I first thought the silver/white one had a chrome pickguard, but it could be a white one too. With reflection from the light on the guard or the transparent plastic cover, it looks chrome but could be just white?

I like toggle switches. The only thing I miss on my SG RI.

Ahhhh......... Chris here you are!  Some folks have purchased gifts for our "wedding" shall we ask for a couple of new 'Birds instead?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:26:30 AM »
Sorry, I was busy this weekend buying a wedding suit. It's very traditional, so you and your purple dress look even better besides me. It's a black suit, white shirt, a tie with little Gibson birds on it and a black hat. I'm getting myself a blackbird for the ceremonies.

Yes, people. Don't buy us cutlery, china, flowers, kitchen machines. We just want more birds. And RD's. Even First Act RD's!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »
Somebody notify the paparazzi.  ;)

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »
Sorry, I was busy this weekend buying a wedding suit. It's very traditional, so you and your purple dress look even better besides me. It's a black suit, white shirt, a tie with little Gibson birds on it and a black hat. I'm getting myself a blackbird for the ceremonies.

Yes, people. Don't buy us cutlery, china, flowers, kitchen machines. We just want more birds. And RD's. Even First Act RD's!

You heard him! .........now obey!  There's an international incident in the works  :) I *have* to travel first class with chromey 'Birds right beside me for the long flight to Holland, no baggage compartment for them!   

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 07:39:32 PM »
You heard him! .........now obey!  There's an international incident in the works  :) I *have* to travel first class with chromey 'Birds right beside me for the long flight to Holland, no baggage compartment for them!   

Pffftt!  He just wants you for your Birds :D   

As for the gifts - QVC has a strict no returns policy so you two are stuck with the soup tureen >:(  If it looks like you two are going stick it out for the long haul, and Chris' girlfriend doesn't cause a seen at the alter at the get go, I'll order the matching gravy boat for the first anniversary :P

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:22:59 PM by lightyear »