Author Topic: Jeff Ament sig Thunderbird from Mike Lull  (Read 4790 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Jeff Ament sig Thunderbird from Mike Lull
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »

Here's the bass Mike makes for Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament available starting at the Winter NAMM show, it's 20% bigger than Mike's standard T-4 - Has some interesting finish and pickgard options, one looks vaguely familiar  ;)

Mike and Jeff

Jeff personally painted this bass, it was recently on the Jimmy Kimmel Show and will soon be raffled off to support a local charity

Jeff, Mike and photographer Lance Mercer shooting the cover of Bass Player mag at Pearl Jam's warehouse

And some of the website's description.

The Jeff Ament "JAXT4" bass available in January 2012

Longtime Northwest guitar and bass builder, Mike Lull, has collaborated with Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament to create the “JAXT4” signature Jeff Ament electric bass. This handmade instrument will be available starting in January and marks the first time any member of the 20-year-old iconic musical group has put their name on an instrument.
Capitalizing on a 25-year relationship, Lull and Ament worked together closely to create the signature model bass. The bass features a 20% oversized body, but thinner body thickness than standard Mike Lull T4 models, along with a reverse headstock. Jeff Ament personally chose all custom colors, finish, and wood configurations. The JAXT4 comes with a metal (select models only) pickguard engraved with an Ament designed T-bass logo, Jeff’s signature on the headstock along with a special Mike Lull logo designed by Jeff to be used only on his signature model. Included is a custom Ament hardshell case with a hand-stenciled logo on the exterior, along with a bag of assorted Ament custom guitar picks. The JAXT4 is available in these four custom color and wood configuration choices:

- Satin Black polyester finish w/ chromed aluminum JA pickguard (mahogany body/mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard)

- Satin Kerry-green polyester finish w/ solid white plastic JA pickguard (mahogany body/maple neck/maple fingerboard)

- Gloss Clear polyester finish w/ chromed aluminum JA pickguard (swamp ash body/maple neck/maple fingerboard)

- Satin Cardinal-red polyester finish w/ solid black plastic JA pickguard

(mahogany body/mahogany neck/rosewood fingerboard)

The JAXT4 will be unveiled at the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Show the weekend of January 19-22, 2012 in Anaheim, California and be available for purchase thereafter.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Jeff Ament sig Thunderbird from Mike Lull
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Cool! I'll check the article and I'll write something about the Lull for our website!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »

I had the opportunity to go by Mike's yesterday, having just returned from NAMM there were several interesting Thunderbirds in the shop. My pics don't do the basses justice, the craftsmanship here is incredibile..........The pale green 'Bird has my eye! I'm thinking of selling one or two pieces to help finance one.

When a T Bird isn't one!

A really cool white single pup, I think this only his third one - Mine and a five for Hugh Mcdonald  being the others

Two shots of one of Ament's personal bass.

An Ash bodied 'Bird.

A couple going out the door soon.

I love this bass!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
That JA bass looks pretty cool - that's a big ole Thunderbird!  Seems like there's one pickup too many though.  ;)