Author Topic: facebook and the Ric Police  (Read 9721 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: facebook and the Ric Police
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 04:41:20 AM »
I've said this before, my dream bass would have E and A long scale and D and G short scale doubled with an octave.

You'll have to talk Dingwall into making one of their Super Jazz basses an eighter for you.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: facebook and the Ric Police
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
This is all I'll say about RIC and its owner.  I suspect he has his ups and downs like all of us.  It's clear through reports from users that he and RIC do often provide good service and listen to their customers, and at times they do just the opposite.  I only had 2 interactions, both negative because I asked for something they didn't want to provide or consider:  truss rod wrenches with each instrument sold and a reintro of the 4005.  Both of those requests were openly sneered at in the RIC forum and and I was belittled for even asking.  

I was also told RIC owners were too stupid to adjust their own truss rods, so why give them a wrench to screw them up?  I simply replied that if they believed that, why have adjustment instructions in the owners manual?  The real problem was the incomprehensiable instructions in the poorly written owners manual, which I offered to rewrite at no charge.  That too was derided and so, there you go.  Will it stop me from buying a RIC I like?  Nope.  They are just 2 instances out of thousands, I'm sure.  Do I have warm fuzzes for the RIC folks?  Not one.

No big deal.  It's a free market and we all can make choices.  

Now, don't ask me about my experiences with a certain amp manufacturer who's name starts with an F!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:28:48 PM by drbassman »
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!