Author Topic: Explorer case  (Read 3994 times)

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorer case
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
mmm nice bass.the fralin pickups are interesting too , i dont see them on thier website.are they blade or polepiece types under the shiny chrome covers?
Louder bass!.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 03:48:59 AM »
Plus postage to Oz for me!  :-[

I just emailed 36 different music shops here in Australia to see if any of them happen to have one sitting out the back gathering dust .
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:10 AM »
To be fair: The Gibbie case is much more rugged (and obstructive) than the Epi one.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »
of course you're right, Uwe.  I didn't consider that.  :-[

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 09:13:13 PM »
To be fair: The Gibbie case is much more rugged (and obstructive) than the Epi one.

True but look at how the Epi headstock is jammed up against the side of the case
Digresion our specialty!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 04:31:19 AM »
The Gibson Explorers of the 80's were medium scale, Are Epis long scale ? I'm pretty sure they are. Anyway to short a case for my RS.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 07:04:50 AM »
Yep the Epi is 34"

Here is an Epi stuffed into a Gibson case. Notice the bend in the side of the case where the headstock is? and the fact that its hard up against it.  :rolleyes:

Digresion our specialty!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 06:39:01 AM »
Plus postage to Oz for me!  :-[

I just emailed 36 different music shops here in Australia to see if any of them happen to have one sitting out the back gathering dust .

There is One new Epi Explorer bass case in Oz  :thumbsup:  I got replies from most of the 36 shops but ended up with one guy who had one that he had never sold gathering dust out the back of his shop.

My mate Anthony has the bass in Sydney after he picked it up for me from the seller. He has kindly offered to build a case for it on the condition that I bring over some extra special wines in November when I will be staying with him for a mutual friends wedding. I'm in Adelaide (about 1500kms away) and said mutual wedding friend is coming to Adelaide on the 20th June so he is going to bring it over with him. Excellent deal from my perspective as long as Anthony doesnt make a big heavy crate of a case.
I have organised with the shop guy who has the Epi case that I will wait and see how this custom case turns out before committing myself to the $180 he wants for his case.

Is this actually interesting to anyone or am I just blabbing on irrelevantly?  :-[
Digresion our specialty!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 06:52:21 AM »
No! I think it's great!! It's always nice to find things you need hidden and gathering dust in shops.

And the wine part's nice too! Bring some if you ever visit Holland;)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 05:22:34 AM »
Last time I went back to Europe I certainly did take 2 bottles  ;D

And thanks for the invite Chris P  8)
Digresion our specialty!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
Well the sad conclusion to this story is that the idiot up on the Gold Coast in Qld shipped over 3000kms to me a T-Bird case in the mistaken belief that it would fit an Explorer. Even after I emailed him the Epi Model number of the case and the measurements and made the point that it had to be this case because no other case will take an Epi Explorer.

I shipped it straight back at his expense with a note thanking him for wasting my time.  Grrr  so I still cant find a case  >:(
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 03:29:28 AM »
Why don't you just get a sturdy gig bag like the one from Warwick Rock Bag that fits the Buzzard, B.C. Rich and Stryker/Explorer beasts? Any other bass (including TBirds and RDs), a Flying V perhaps excepted, will also fit into it.

Experience teaches that once you have bought the gig bag, a cheap case will pop up nearby!  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 04:40:48 AM »
Right now my explorer bird resides in a Dean gig bag, the move has me occupied  i'll find a case soon enough.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
Thanks guys, my WEST lives in a Fender padded gig bag quite happily and I was just thinking about that option. I'm sure you are right UWE. Murphy lurks waiting for the money to be spent.

Unabashed excuse to post a pic of said WEST.

Digresion our specialty!